☽︎Creatures of the Night☾︎

(*Sigh* don't you just love the smell of a new intro gif in the morning? I love the blue tones this seasons intro had so this is one of my favorites

(*Sigh* don't you just love the smell of a new intro gif in the morning? I love the blue tones this seasons intro had so this is one of my favorites. Let me know what you think of it ^w^)

...

A crow caws as it lands on the gates of Eichen House, thunder cracking lightly as lightning flashes in approaching storm clouds. A girl stands naked and unmoving under a running showerhead, the water hot enough to create clouds of steam as it flows over her skin, the healing scar on her side being gently cleansed by the liquid. Nurse Cross looks at her watch as she stands by the door with a towel. "All right, you've had long enough. Let's go." She orders, but the girl remains still. "I'm not buying the catatonic act. So don't think that I'm going to drop my guard." Still no answer. "I know you can hear me." She gets angrier the more the girl is silent and Cross storms over to her. "Look at me when I'm talking to you. I said look at me!" She stands next to Lydia, but she still doesn't react. "Lydia." Cross grabs Lydia by the jaw to make her face the woman, but Lydia's eyes are vacant and unblinking, staring into nothing.

Lydia had been dressed and she now walks down the halls with damp hair as she is led back to her cell in the special unit of Eichen. Schrader peeks over Lydia's shoulder to look at her face. "Is she alright?" He asks.

"She's fine. It's all part of the act." Cross claims. "She's just a dedicated performer." She hisses in Lydia's ear. They get Lydia to her cell and laid on the bed where she continues to stare blankly at the ceiling above her. Schrader sits at her bedside as he prepares a syringe needle with some medicine. "Up the dosage to three mils. She wants catatonic? Give it to her." Cross orders before she shuts the door and leaves them alone.

"Sorry about her, Lydia. She doesn't have the gentlest bedside manner. But I can be gentle." Schrader says as he feels for a vein in Lydia's arm. He looks up at her, something dark in his eyes. "I promise to be gentle." He sticks the needle into her arm, pushing it further than necessary. "Are you alright, Lydia?" He breathes. She has no reaction so he pulls it out. "Oh. Sorry about that. I... Couldn't find a vein. I'll have to... Try again." He sticks the needle in her arm again, and aspirated it, drawing blood into the syringe meaning he had succeeding in finding a vein that time. "Hmm." He lets out a quick sigh as he pulls it out. "I'll... I'll just have to... Find a bigger vein." He readjusts his grip on the syringe as he gently tilts her head to the side.

But before he could do anything Lydia sits bolt upright, a scream ripping from her throat, bursting the lightbulbs and sending Schrader flying back. She jumps off the bed and pushes open the cell door. An orderly beat her to the gate on the right so she started to head to the one of the other side, but another orderly gets there. Both of them buzz open the doors and she looks between them. The one to the left reaches her first and she deflects his attempt to grab her before she kicks him in the ribs. As he's bent over she swings her leg over his shoulder and when he stands up she brings up the other leg, locking them together and swinging her body back down, using the momentum to throw the man and letting her land in a crouch. She looks up as the other man makes a run to her, but she stands and screams, using her hands to push her voice forward sending him flying and breaking more lights. She runs through one of the open gates and quickly makes her way outside and into the rain.