☽︎Perishable☾︎

...

Derek examines Jordan's hands in the dim light of his loft, Scott and Lydia standing nearby to hear the Hale's verdict. "He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked for clarification. Jordan had been zip-tied to the steering wheel of his cruiser by his his coworker, Haigh who then proceeded to dump gasoline over him and the car before setting it on fire. Jordan had miraculously survived the ordeal, clothes burned and covered in soot, but alive and without a scratch. Lydia had called Scott who immediately took them to Derek.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia asked before she clarified. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they should be gone."

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone."

"Not if you're like us." Scott pointed out to Jordan.

"Like you?"

"I don't think he's like us." Derek said.

"Then what is he?" Lydia wondered.

"Sorry, but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott said.

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is."

"What about Y/n? There might be something in her grimoire."

"She won't answer my calls." Scott frowned. None of them had heard from her or Malia much since she found out about Peter, and despite many tries, she has yet to answer any of their calls or texts.

"I'll see if she'll answer mine."

"Okay, hold on." Jordan cut in. "What's a bestiary? Or a grimoire? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia and Y/n?" Lydia's brow twitched up, waiting for him to elaborate. "Are you all psychic?"

"Psychic?"

"Yeah."

"Not exactly." Scott answered.

"Okay. Then what are you?" Scott looked to Derek, but the man only tilted his head a bit, silently telling Scott that it was his choice. Without saying anything Scott closed his eyes and faced Jordan, opening them to reveal the crimson glow they now sported. Derek called Y/n while Scott told Jordan a bit about the supernatural world he is now a part of. Derek made his call and, to Lydia's and Scott's surprise, Y/n actually answered the phone to her newfound cousin. He told her what happened to Jordan and that the deputy was at his loft now, both of them hoping she could provide some answers. He didn't mention Scott or Lydia, thinking that there was a better chance of her showing up if she didn't know they were there.

He was right and it wasn't long before Y/n was walking into his loft. She gave Derek and Jordan a little smile in greeting when she saw them, but it faltered when she saw Scott and Lydia. Her eyes hardened a bit when she looked to Derek and he shrugged in apology. He can understand why she would want to be distant from everyone for a while at least, but they needed her help right now.