☽︎Smoke and Mirrors☾︎

...

"You are not going to Mexico." Noah denies after Stiles and Y/n told him what had happened.

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

Noah sighs as he moves to stand behind his desk, leaning on the paper covered surface. "Even if Deaton is right about this-"

"Yeah."

"-the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels."

"Dad-"

"That means calling the right law enforcment agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"To be fair, Sheriff, this isn't exactly your average nabbing." Y/n said. "This is a werewolf and a kitsune snagged by a werejaguar and taken to the temple of Tezcatlipoca to possibly perform a supernatural ritual." Noah just blinked at her for a moment making her shrug and Stiles intervine.

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. I'm going."

"I can keep you from going."

"I'd find a way."

"I can throw you in a cell."

"Y/n could bust me out." The two Stilinski's looked at her then, one challenging and one hopeful, and she raised her hands in defense.

"Don't look at me. I'm not confirming or denying that statement."

Noah sighs and he paces towards the door again. "Stiles, please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" He gestured to his forehead in frustration before sighing again. "Look, I will call every law enforcment agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico. We'll both go. Okay?"

Stiles nodded. "Okay, okay, great. Do I get a gun?"

Noah and Y/n both give him a look. "No." They said at the same time.

...

Stiles has decided to go behind his father's back and go to Mexico anyways with the pack. Now he, Y/n and Malia are in Scott's house trying to find something with Scott's scent so it's easier to find him when they get to La Iglesia. Stiles rummages through Scott's closet and tosses a shirt to Malia. "Here, try that."

Malia sniffs the shirt only to shake her head. "Fabric softener."

Stiles thinks for a moment and rushes to the bathroom, digging through the clothes hamper and grabs a pair of Scott's underwear, holding it out to the girls. The sisters share a look of disgust at the prospect. "Remember, Scott's life is on the line."