☽︎Ghosted☾︎

...

Lydia looked over her reflection in the girls' locker room mirror before turning her gaze down to the faucet. Turning on the water she washed her hands, idly looking in the mirror for a moment. When she was done she shut the faucet off, flinging her hands towards the sink to rid them of excess moisture. When she looked back up into the mirror she gasped, jumping back at the startle of the image not being her own. Instead she saw a woman with fluffy blonde hair looking back at her. The woman turned to walk away and Lydia closed her eyes and shook her head. When she opened them her own face was back again, and she frowned in confusion. Leaning in to look at it closer she slowly raised a hand to touch the mirror. The surface rippled like water when her fingers made contact, then she was suddenly sucked in.

Lydia stumbled to stay upright as she now found herself on a street, seeing the blonde woman walk away as she took in her surroundings. She started to walk down the street, eventually getting into a jog as she tried to follow the woman. "Hello?" Her call was unheaded as the woman headed into the gathering of people for what a banner called 'Canaan Day'. "Wait!" The woman disappeared in the crowds and Lydia was forced to stop. She looked around more as a radio blasted Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran. People laughed and talked as some sat at benches and tables, some getting food from a nearby barbeque. She was drawn to a carousel, spinning slowly as children sat on the painted horses. Things seemed to slow as an unoccupied black horse came into view, a red blood-like looking stain on it's mane and snout.

The music stopped, the carousel stopped, the joy stopped. Clouds overtook the sky as a man ran out of his house, running from an invisible threat and making it to the street before exploding into green smoke. Screams erupted from the other civilians as they began to run, some disappearing as well, some children. Lydia spotted the blonde woman again who was looking around in confusion and horror. A girl who looked about 12 ran to the woman, clinging to her in fear as she watched the chaos. A man on a skate board vanished next, a woman who had fallen to the ground, a young girl in her front yard. One by one people disappeared in the green smoke until it was just the woman and the girl.

Lighting flashed in the sky as the woman squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head. "It's not real!" The girl buried her face in the woman's shirt as the woman continued to yell, trying to convince them both that what was happening was in fact not. "Not real! It's not real! It's not..." The woman sobbed as she clutched her head. Lydia jogged over to their side, the girl peered up at her with familiar eyes. Lydia put a hand on the woman's shoulder and she snapped her head over to her. The woman's image flickered between an older image of herself and her face now. Lydia screamed.

...

While Lydia and Malia were at the school library trying to find Canaan, Y/n and Scott were at the Sheriff's station to talk to Noah. After hearing Stiles' voice some of their memories had come back, not many, but enough to know for sure that Stiles was indeed related to Noah. "All right." Noah started as he closed his office door and made his way to stand behind his desk, turning to face the teens. "You heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced that it's the voice of-"