☽︎Amplification☾︎

...

Following behind three speeding police cars, Stiles, Y/n, and Scott listened in to the police radio as Stiles kept the Jeep at top speed. "Unit 5 heading northwest on Crescent reporting an incredibly large... Something." Clark spoke over the radio, sighing in frustration when she couldn't identify what she was seeing.

"Unit 9 to Dispatch, I think I've got eyes on the same thing. Some kind of rabid animal."

"Unit 5 to 9. Trust me, that's no animal."

"Unit 6 to Dispatch. We have a situation downtown. Multiple fatalities."

"Copy, medics on the way. Do you have a perp in sight, Unit 6?"

"Negative. Looks like a 10-91E. Animal attack."

"10-4. Can you say what kind of animal?"

Stiles gripped the reciever and held it up to speak in to. "All units stay back. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage."

"Stiles, get off the radio." Noah ordered making Stiles put the receiver back down with a clatter. "All unit alert. Wait for backup. Repeat, no one goes near this thing."

"Unit 5 reporting a sighting on Hill Road southbound."

"Unit 9, I've got it turning off Oakridge, southbound on Beachwood."

"All units, this is Dispatch. We've got a 911 call with additional sighting on Mitchell."

"Beachwood to Mitchell?" Y/n repeated. "Isn't that-"

"It's headed right for the hospital." Scott finished her sentence.

"Dad?" Stiles urgently spoke over the radio again.

"Stiles, get off this channel."

"Dad, just listen to me, okay? He's headed for the hospital, all right? He's headed for Beacon Memorial. You hear me? He's headed for the hospital." Stiles shifted gear and turned, heading for the hospital as fast as the Jeep's little wheels could take them. Y/n's eyes scrunched closed for a moment as she rubbed her temple, the pain in her head from earlier in the night was still there, but thankfully not as sharp as it had been. Stiles glanced over at her seeing the gesture. "Does your head still hurt?"

"A little. Definitely not as bad as when it first hit me." She answered as she straightened in her seat again.

"What happened?" Scott asked, neither of them having told him what had happened yet.

"Y/n collapsed earlier, gripping her head like it was going to come apart."

"Are you okay?" Scott turned to his friend in worry.

"I'm fine." She promised.

"You really didn't look fine-"

"I'm fine." She insisted, an edge to her voice that left no room for argument, and a lilt to her words that made the boys glance at each other. She took a breath, trying to reign in her emotions which seem to be a little stronger lately. "What I mean is, I'm not the most important thing right now. We can figure out whatever caused the migraine later, after we save Lydia, okay?" She gave them a pleading look, and while Stiles was silent, Scott answered for both of them in the form of a nod.