☽︎The Last Chimera☾︎

(Ayyy I missed y'all! 🥰)

...

"Tell me where you are, Lydia." Valack asked, guiding Lydia through her vision. "Tell me what you see."

Lydia treads through a river, the freezing water up to her chest as she carefully steps on the loose stones. "The bridge..."

"Keep moving. Describe what you find. Tell me what he did." Valack grabs a clean piece of gauze from the small table beside him where the trepanation drill lies. He then dabs at the bloodied wound behind Lydia's ear, making her wince from the sting. "Stay focused, Lydia."

"What did you do to me?" She asks.

"I've amplified your abilities. Something that might just save the lives of your friends. Now focus on the bridge. On Theo. Why did he let his sister die?"

"I don't know."

"You don't see it yet. Search for it, Lydia. Keep looking. Why did he let her die? What did he want?" Lydia moved a little closer to the bridge, but stopped when she felt something in front of her. A hand shot up from the icy water, gripping onto her wrist and making her scream out as a body followed. A teenaged girl stared at Lydia blankly. Her chest was ripped open, ribs cracked and exposed to reveal her missing organ.

"Her heart."Lydia frowned as she turned towards Valack. "He wanted her heart." Valack quickly grabbed a file that had been next to him, flipping through Theo's medical records to find anything that corroborated what she found out.

"There's no record of a heart condition. But a transplant would make Theo a genetic chimera like the others. The hypothermic conditions would keep the organ viable. But why him? Why choose a 10-year-old willing to kill his own sister?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because Theo was a first step in the right direction for the Dread Doctors. Think of who they are. Parascientists who have prolonged their lives and twisted the laws of nature in pursuit of one goal. The creation of the perfect killer. And now they've done it."

"But Theo doesn't know who the success is. The last chimera."

"It doesn't matter. There's a reason they chose him, a reason he failed, a reason they changed their methods and a reason they finally succeeded. It all starts with Theo." Unknown to Valack, the chimera himself was infiltrating Eichen House with his ragtag group of chimeras he resurrected. "When did you know for sure? That the Dread Doctors had succeeded?"

"Scott, Stiles, and Y/n found out that night."

"The night of the Supermoon."

"But they really didn't know it yet. There was too much going on. Liam had almost killed Scott. Y/n had been taken. Kira was still gone. Malia was trying to find The Desert Wolf."