☽︎The Overlooked☾︎

Thank you all for being so understanding about me having to skip last week, it really means a lot to me 🥺I had a nice break last week and I got some writing done which I'm very happy about ☺️ thank you for sticking around!

I had a nice break last week and I got some writing done which I'm very happy about ☺️ thank you for sticking around!

...

The door to Derek's loft slides open and Jennifer steps in. "Derek?" She calls to the darkness, flashes of lightning from the raging storm the only thing to light up the space. She pants slightly as she had rushed here. She walks further in, down the entry steps, and into the middle of the room. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here." He answers and she turns to find him.

She sighs in relief. "Thank God." She rushes to him and pulls him into a hug, one he seemingly reciprocates. She holds him for a moment before pulling back again. "Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?"

"Y/n, Scott, Stiles. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise." He nods.

She doesn't say more, but kisses him instead. She pulls away after a moment when something didn't feel right and looked at him with a darker expression. "They're already here, aren't they?" Derek looked behind her and she turned to see the teens coming around the corner. "So... They told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott answered.

"Oh, that's right." She chuckles. "Commiting human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I-I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense." She had a smile on her face, still trying to play innocent.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, his eyes subtly starting to water. Y/n takes his hand in hers, telling him without words that she's there for him.

"How should I know?" She looked back at Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this." He glanced at the three before looking at her. "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

"No." She whimpered with a shake of her head.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Y/n prompted, a glare leveled at the woman, still angry for everything that she's done and tried to do.

"Lydia Martin?" She asked incredluous. "I don't know anything about that."

"What do you know?" Derek asked.

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story."

"Do you ever stop lying?" Y/n genuinely asked, wondering how someone could live when practically every word that comes out of their mouth is a fabrication.