☽︎Venomous☾︎

...

Y/n and Scott stare at the surprise return student. Stiles runs in and takes his seat behind Scott in a frenzy. Y/n kept her gaze forward while Scott turns to him as Stiles started to talk. "Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news."

"I think we already know." Scott gestures to the seat in front of Y/n where there is seated a very smug looking Isaac.

After class Stiles informs them what he found about the kanima. "All right, I only found one thing online called the Kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"That thing was not a jaguar."

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer."

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead."

Stiles pauses as he stares at Scott. "You know, sometimes I really begin to question this 'friendship'." Stiles makes quote marks in the air and Y/n chuckles as she pulls him along.

"I also looked through my grimoire." She said when they caught up to Scott. "I didn't find much and what I did find was pretty much everything Derek said. When you get the Bite the shape you take reflects who you are, if it doesn't kill you first. I had an ancestor who knew someone who turned into a kanima. They said that the Kanima shape was most likely derived, partially if not all, from the person's self image. Something like identity issues? They weren't very clear."

"Why can't it ever be 'this is this and this is how you take care of it'?" She just shrugged as they entered their next class together, this time the boys sitting next to each other with Y/n behind Stiles.

Jackson came in a minute later and sat behind Scott. "Hey, testicle left and right and third wheel." He calls to the three. "What the hell is a kanima?" The question is enough to make all three turn to him in shock. But they can't say anything more as Coach gets the class' attention.

"All right, listen up. Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so proufoundly difficult..." He chuckles a bit. "I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?" A few hands go up, including Lydia, and he waves someone up. "Let's go, buddy."

Jackson had quickly told them about his recent encounter with Derek and what he heard in the hall just before class. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles says.

"Wait..." Scott speaks up. "Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?"

"How should I know?"

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about Chemistry."