☽︎Silverfinger☾︎

...

Chris winces in his seat at his desk as Allison treats a wound on his head. Scott, Y/n, and Isaac sit in front him. The teens had changed clothes from the night before and are listening to Chris as he tells them about his own run in with the oni. "There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul."

"That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac said.

"That's what it did to everyone." Allison corrected.

"Not everyone." Scott pointed out. "They only went after the werewolves."

"And me and Lydia." Y/n added.

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Chris sumarized.

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac wondered

"A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison said.

"The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos."

"What did they want?" Scott asked.

"To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way."

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac lightly touched the symbol behind his ear.

"Not exactly. They killed him." Chris looked to the silent witch then. "Y/n, you have a connection with spirits and things of that nature. What do you know about them?"

She sighed a bit. "Not much. I only know what's in my grimoire. There's only one or two instances where someone in my line came into contact with them so there's not much. It's only a description really. They're Japanese, they're called oni and they're shadow demons. They're not good or evil, but only follow the will of who controls them. The ones that we saw last night, they were searching for something dark. Something they found in that kumicho apparently."

"What was he?" Scott asked Chris.

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while that Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday trying to track him down."

Isaac gestured to the freshly stitched cut on Chris' head. "Didn't look like he wanted to be found."

"Not particularly, no."

"You think he knows what they want?" Scott asked.

"Maybe."

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison wondered.