☽︎Frenemy☾︎

...

Allison took Lydia home while Derek chased Jackson in his kanima form on foot and Scott, Stiles and Y/n followed in the Jeep. Stiles braked in front of a fence with traffic spikes in front of it. "What do we do now?" Stiles asks just as Scott gets out and scales the fence, running to the action. After fighting with Derek and getting shot by Chris the kanima runs away with Scott following. He trails him to a club called Jungle and Scott peeks around the corner, trying to spot anything. When he turns he jumps at the sight of his friends right behind him. "Sorry, I'm sorry." Stiles quickly apologized for the scare.

"You'd think being a werewolf we wouldn't have snuck up on you." Y/n teased a bit and Scott sighs.

"Did you see where he went?"

"I lost him." Scott says.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one."

"Y/n? What about you? Can you like track him some how? Sense his presence or something?"

She shook her head. "It's weird. It's almost like he doesn't have a presence at all. Like he... Doesn't exist."

Stiles sighs a bit in thought. "All right, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Scott said.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Scott gives him a look. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"I'll protect you." Y/n winks at Stiles with a smile making him return it with a slightly flustered nod.

"Just help me find it." Scott snapped a bit.

"Not 'it'. Jackson."

"Yeah, I know. I-I know."

"All right, but does he know that?" Stiles wondered. "Did anybody else see him back at your house?"

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe it's like an either or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom, right?"

"When's the kanima not the kanima?" Y/n caught on to what he was saying.

"When it's Jackson." Scott realized.

Stiles looks around and then up, soon backing up a bit and waving his hands in front of him to catch the others attention. "Uh... Guys." They looked at him and then stood next to him to follow his gaze. "See that?" They see the kanima's tail as he slips into the building.

"He's inside."

"What's he gonna do in there?"

Scott got a whiff of something and looked at the line of people going to the club. "I know who he's after."