☽︎The Sword and the Spirit☾︎

...

While Jordan watched, several medical staff wheeled body after body into the hospital morgue, the deputy watching in slight disbelief at just how many are dead. Noah walked up to the younger officer, having to use a cane but cleared to be back at work from his previous injuries. "Parrish." Jordan didn't answer right away. "Parrish, look at me." Jordan did as told. "I know what you're thinking. The dream's coming true. It's not." He assured, but it wasn't enough for the man.

"Sheriff, there's 23 bodies. Twenty-three of them."

"Which means you're going to go back to the station and you're gonna go through every missing persons report for the past two weeks. That's what we do. You got it, Parrish?" Jordan nodded and turned to walk away. He didn't feel much better, but at least this would give him something to do. Noah sighed to himself before he turned to face the elevator when it dinged, Stiles, Y/n, Scott, and Kira stepping off to stand next to the older man.

"Who found them?" Stiles asked as they all looked to the steady flow of body bags being wheeled by.

"Argent. And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory." Scott said.

"It's a slightly terryfing theory." Stiles added.

"Well, the ME said that victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels."

"What if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?" Scott asked.

"Why would they do that?" Kira wondered.

"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would." Stiles theorized and Y/n frowned. Why did that thought make her stomach twist into such knots?

"Protecting what?" Noah asked.

"A werewolf." Scott answered.

"It's called La Bête. The Beast." Y/n informed.

Noah looked at Stiles. "We know. Horrifying."

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish. Because it looks like his dream is coming true." Noah quietly spoke making the teens look at each other.

...

Scott walks through the halls of the school, glancing at his fellow students and at the new patroling deputies that are toting heavy duty rifles. The P.A. system comes to life, a mans voice rettling off the new announcements. "By order of the Sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." He turns the corner and walks up to Stiles and Y/n, the former talking to Deputy Strauss and trying to get more information.

"You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a highschool?"

"Your dad's the one that issued these things, and he wouldn't officially say why."