☽︎Currents☾︎

...

Blue and red lights flash in the parking lot of the hospital. Y/n stands with Stiles, Scott, Melissa, and Noah as the Sheriff got a report. Dr. Hilyard was supposed to have come in for a ten car pile up when the E.R. attending never showed, but only her car appeared, drifting into another car and empty bar one lone moth.

"Two missing." Stiles repeated.

"Hang on, hang on. They were both in the car?" Noah questioned.

"No, dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone."

"So whose car is this?" This time Melissa answered.

"Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The E.R. attending is the one that never made it in."

"Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?"

She nods. "Yeah."

"Kids, give us a second." The three teens nodded and moved away from the two adults.

"These are definitely sacrifices, right? Did you feel anything?" Scott asked Y/n and she nodded.

"It's the same. Dr. Hilyard and the other doctor were taken by the darach. They're the healers."

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would have died. Danny's not a healer."

She shrugged with a helpless shake of her head. "I have no clue why he was poisoned, but there must be a reason."

Stiles had noticed his dad on the phone and got the supernaturals' attentions. "Can you guys hear that?" He pointed to his dad and the two looked over.

After a moment Scott looked back with raised brows. "They found a body." The missing E.R. doctor had been found.

...

The next morning Y/n groaned against the light shining on her from her window. She lifted her hand to close the curtain with her magic but realized she didn't really have the energy for it, so instead she rolled over and buried her face in the pillow. She was gonna drift back to sleep for a few minutes but then her eyes opened into a squint of confusion. There was a bitter taste on her tongue. It was disgusting. She sat up and frowned, deciding to start her day a little early and the first thing she was gonna do wass brush her teeth at least three times to get rid of the strange taste.

It didn't really help. The taste persisted as she sat in Chem class with her head propped on her crossed arms. She had a slight headache that was steadily growing worse throughout the day and she was for some reason very warm. A slight sheen of sweat clung to her skin from it. She suddenly felt the dark shiver tingle her spine, but is was more mild than what she's felt before, so maybe it wasn't that feeling at all. A book hitting the desk made her flinch a bit and it was followed by Ms. Blake's voice. "Good morning. As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing- I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?" Y/n couldn't even lift her head to look at the teacher. She could feel the worried gaze of Stiles and Scott, but she didn't have the energy to reasure them that she was fine. Honestly she didn't even know if she was fine. She had never felt like this before. The teacher seemed to notice this. "Ms. L/n? Are you okay?"