He brought his lips down to mine for a blissful kiss. Closing my amused eyes after a momentary pause due to surprise, I pulled him closer and kissed him back. And there we were, doing things that average couples did, in a world that was anything but normal, only because we could and deeply wanted to. We earned every moment to be together, and nothing was going to stop me from kissing him like I had all the time in the world, as cliché as it was since we were on the seashore.

"Winter is coming, it's gonna get colder, let's go back." He said, pulling away. I pouted but agreed nonetheless.

"Summer went by so quickly, didn't it?"

Nodding with a smile, he said, "Yeah, it did. It's been almost a year since the war ended." We started walking towards the Victor's Village, making sure to engrave every single detail about the city into our minds as we made our way back.

District 4 was back to its original liveliness. What felt like a ghost land before, now bustled with activity all throughout the day and well into the night. When we arrived nearly two weeks ago, the community welcomed us with open arms, profusely thanking us for the parts we played to win the war.

Newt took my hand in his as we walked into the city, passing by various shops and market places, occasionally waving and smiling at those we recognised.

The small garden outside Odair's house was not empty. Johanna and Peeta were examining one of the plants that had grown there, admiring the intricate details.

"This one is the Cercis Canadensis also called the Forest Pansy." The former said while Peeta nodded, his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"Has it become your mission to identify every plant in this district, Jay?" I asked teasingly. "You were doing the ones at the back of Newt's place when I left a few hours ago. Give poor Peeta a break. He needs to finish packing for tomorrow."

"I'm almost done with it, actually." The blond baker spoke up. "But gosh, Johanna, did you swallow an encyclopedia on plants or something? How do you know all this stuff?"

"I was raised in 7, what do you expect? We basically grew up on trees, learning about plants our whole life." She turned towards me and said, "I'll be working on the garden outside your house next. It's so badly maintained that it looks like a hurricane hit it. I can't live in a place with a horrifying garden."

"Hey, it's not my fault I couldn't take care of it." I mumbled as Newt laughed beside me. "Plants don't like me. They always die out everytime I try to maintain them."

Chuckling, Peeta dusted his hands on his pants before saying, "Alright, time for me to finish packing. A train to 12 awaits!"

"Uh, I need a favour." I said and he nodded for me to continue. "I wrote a letter to Katniss, you know, just to check up on her and tell her stuff that has happened since we last met. Could you give it to her when you go back to 12?"

"Sure. Where is it?"

"Back at my place. Let me just go grab it."

"I'll come with you."

The two of us crossed the street and walked over to the next house before I opened the door to let us in. He followed me into the living room, where on the tea table was a neatly folded paper beside an empty envelope. Quickly scanning the contents of the letter once again, I put it into the envelope and tucked in a photograph before sealing it. Handing him the letter with a smile, I said, "Here ya go."

"I'll make sure she reads it."

We walked back towards the entrance of the house before I stopped and faced him. "Thank you, Peeta."