Chapter 98.

TAKARADA KNOWS

The workers were busily unloading the movie props from the truck and carrying them to the studio like they do every morning, when someone approached them.

"Are you taking these to the Tragic Marker set?"

They turned to see a total stranger in the standard staff uniform. His unruly hair were covered in a colourful bandana, and his eyes had dark sunglasses on them, which seemed wierd since he was inside the building. He had a brown mustache and a goatee.

"Yeah," one of the workers replied, eyeing him curiously. "Never seen you around before. You new?"

"Yes," he nodded. "The studio is on the third floor, right? I'll take that." Carrying the heaviest bulk of the props, he started proceeding towards the elevator.

.

.

.

The Heels were in time for once. As the cast waited for the shoot to begin, the crew hurriedly readied the stage.

Setsuka was sitting beside her brother, the two of them unusually quiet. Although, Kyoko knew Setsu's character wasn't supposed to drag out her anger for long, she still couldn't help it to even look at Ren. So she ignored him pretending to be still infuriated about the whole hair-stroking business.

Ren understood that, but assuming it all to be just a part of her act, he tried to win her back the way Cain Heel would. Being the stubborn brother that he was, he began talking to Setsu several times only to get short and cold responses from her, in which she convinced him that she was not angry anymore but her tone sure suggested otherwise.

"Would you please just let that go?" He almost begged her as he got up and started pacing the floor.

"Let what go?" She feigned ignorance. Although it did seem a bit out of character for Setsu, Kyoko couldn't help but give him the cold shoulder.

Giving a defeated sigh, he slumped down again on his chair beside her. Before either of them could say anything, one of the workers entered the large studio with some prop.

Seeing him from her peripheral vision, Kyoko's attention was captured. Why does he seem so familiar? Have I seen him before? She wondered, frowning.

She noticed from the corner of her eye that Ren followed her gaze to the same man and his eyes widened for a second. He recognized him as well.

Kyoko snapped her attention back to him, trying her best to disern the source of the resemblance when all of a sudden, she saw it. Of course, she sighed. She knew only one person in the world who would do something as crazy as this: disguising himself as a worker to come visit the set. She looked down, shaking her head. What is President Takarada doing here?

She glanced at Ren again. He had managed to hide his surprise and maintain his character again, but she could tell he was thinking the same thing.

All of a sudden, something occurred to Kyoko. When she had talked to the President over the phone, she was able to fool him by changing her voice, thanks to her acting abilities, so he wouldn't suspect anything about that thing being out again. Now, however, she wasn't so sure if she could fool him again since he was actually here. No matter how much of a good actress she was, it was impossible to fool the President.

Panic rose within her. If Takarada found out about it, there was no doubt he'd tell Ren. No! She could not let that happen! She'll have to be extremely careful to not let the President see.