Chapter 68.

NATSU.

When they started shooting the bullying scenes at the Box R set, Kyoko did so well that there were hardly any retakes. The Director was highly impressed with her, and he immediately reverted back to his old carefree self, all of his previous anger drained away.

After they were done for the day, Kyoko made her way outside. Suddenly, someone tapped on her shoulder from behind. She turned back to find out that it was a girl her own age with dark brown wavy hair, a baby face and big beautiful eyes. It was Chiori Amamiya. "Kyoko, you really were amazing today!" Her costar offered her a sugary sweet smile.

Kyoko smiled back politely. Turned out that she was right about not all of her co-stars being awful, she thought with optimism.

"And I also wanted to apologize for what happened today." Amamiya looked down. "Don't pay too much attention to Honami and Yuka. It's just, they feel a bit threatened by you, since you have only deputed an year ago, yet you still have so much more experience than all of us. You shouldn't take their words to heart."

"It's alright," Kyoko replied honestly. If she had learnt anything from her past experiences, it was to always turn a blind eye to her bullies. That way, they would eventually grow tired of you and leave you alone. So that had been her plan from the start.

"Anyway," Amamiya said. "I heard you when you were talking with the Director, and I must say that I totally agree with you. Natsu dosen't hate Chitose yet, so all that negativity, it just seems a bit excessive."

Kyoko abruptly halted in her tracks. "You think that too? So you actually think I was right?" Her eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. And relax." Amamiya chuckled. "It's pretty common for actors to have a clash of opinion with the director. But I support you in this situation. I agree that villains are supposed to be scary and all, but I think that the Director is kinda pushing it."

"Amamiya-"

"Call me Chiori."

"Chiori," Kyoko blushed. "Do you think there's anything I can do? To change the Director's mind about Natsu?"

"Well sometimes, in order to protect the role they worked so hard to create, actors must fight. If you believe in yourself, then don't give up. I say you should stand up for your character and play your Natsu exactly the way you want to."

"Do you really think so?" Having someone else support her opinion, Kyoko felt someone her confidence returning in her.

"Sure" Amamiya answered, evoking a determined smile from Kyoko. "Well, I forgot something back in the studio. I'll go get it. Don't wait up."

Without waiting for a reply, Amamiya sprinted back inside. She found the Director by the entrance. He was slowly walking outside while packing his stuff in his bag so he could leave as well.

"Sir?"

"Chiori," he looked up for a second. "What is it?" He asked, pulling up the zipper of his bag.

"It seems..." She hesitated. "Um, Kyoko... I don't even know if I should be telling you this."

"What? Does she have a problem?" Kazutoyo slung the bag on his shoulder and crossed his arms providing her his undivided attention.

"Well, it seems that she really doesn't want to play your version of Natsu. She asked me for my opinion, so I told her that the Director's word is absolute and she should just listen to you."

"Good." He patted her shoulder. "You two are the same age, but unlike her, you seem to know how things work around here."

"But that's not all. Kyoko told me herself that she doesn't care what you say and that from tomorrow she'll play her Natsu exactly the way she wants to."