Chapter 2.

UNREQUITED LOVE.

He was home. Kyoko couldn't slow down even if she wanted. She ran as fast as her feet would carry her. "Sho!" The feel of his name upon her tongue had the familiar ring to it. It felt good. "You're back!"

And there he was, Sho Fuwa, the youngest idol in the Japanese history to ever top the charts in the music industry, and to rule the hearts so many young ladies.

He had a lean build, like that of an athlete, and his height - five feet ten inches - was impressive for the mere age of sixteen. His spiky blond hair were chopped unequally, shorter around the sides and longer on the scalp. Aside from his looks, he should have been an ordinary person, but something about him had an electric pull. He had a strange, magnetic boyish charm to him that had the power to make any girl fall for him.

Kyoko was just so moved to see him again, she was dazed enough to want to cry tears of happiness. It had been so long since since he came home. So long!

"You're being too loud!" Sho whisper-shouted, as he took his shoes off by the gate. "Do you want the whole neighborhood to find out that I live here? Seriously, you can be such an airhead sometimes, Kyoko!"

"Sorry," Still grinning like a Cheshire cat, Kyoko softly closed the door behind her, and took a proper look at Sho. His skin which seemed flawless in the poster had a few minor blemishes up close. "You look good."

Without bothering to answer, Sho strode inside his room, sat down by the cupboard and began to fiddle in the drawers.

Kyoko followed. "Did you eat? Do you want me to cook something for you?" She loved to cook for him.

"Of course, I ate. It's eleven."

"Oh," Kyoko tried not to sound disappointed. "It's just that... it's been so long since you came back and you don't call me either, so I don't know if you're eating right or not." She muttered shyly, looking down, trying not to sound too clingy.

"Do I really need a guilt trip?" Sho snapped, taking out some of one his neatly folded clothes.

"No, I didn't mean that."

"Between recording my new album and my tours, I'm sorry that I don't call you everytime I pick a salad." He threw his clothes into a bag and hung it on his shoulder.

Kyoko wondered why he was in such a bad mood. It had been like this lately. Since he started getting popular, his schedule was becoming more and more packed. His manager was always telling him what to do. And Sho had always hated being controlled.

It was the same reason that he decided to run away from home. His family was rich and had a successful business, so Sho was naturally supposed to graduate and then join his father in the family business, no questions asked. No matter what he did to persuade his parents otherwise, they never allowed him to even consider the possibility of pursuing anything else.

When Sho finally dared to break the news to his family about trying it as a musician, it was followed by unending arguments, and a lot of screaming.

Kyoko was the only one who understood him. She was the foster daughter of Sho's parents, so the two were brought up in the same house. She's always had a little crush on him.

Having a front row seat to watch his passion in music evolving him into one of the biggest stars in Japan turned Kyoko's little crush into wild love and eventually reckless obsession. She was so much in love with him that she willingly gave up on everything, her life, her education, her future, just so she could support him. Now, she couldn't even bear the thought of being without him.