Chapter 11.

THE CINDERELLA TRANSFORMATION.

The shoot began. In the scene, Ruriko's character, Choko, had to walk in the living room where her mother and cousin were having a conversation. They shot the scene more than a dozen times, but every time Ruriko walked in, the Director yelled, "cut."

He said that she wasn't walking the right way and then they would shoot the the whole scene from the top again.

Kyoko stood in the corner. She did not want to be in the way. Ren was standing opposite her on the other side of the room since he was not in the scene. Their eyes met. He mouthed some words to her from across the room. She tried to read his lips but it didn't make any sense.

When the Director shouted, "cut. Take a five," Kyoko crossed the room and asked Ren, "did you just say, 'you just met a hospitable purple squirrel?'" She somehow managed to figure out his words, but not what they meant.

"Close. But I said, 'you did not go to hospital, turtle girl,'" he replied.

"I am not a turtle girl!" Why did she even bother to come to him? "As long as I don't put my weight on my left leg, I am fine."

I can't believe her, thought Ruriko, who was watching Kyoko and Ren like a hawn. She's still playing the victim in front of him. And why is he talking to her? I'll teach her a lesson.

She suddenly pushed Kyoko from behind, who fell down because of the impact. "Oh, please. You weren't even hurt that bad. You're obviously pretending it to be way worse than it is so that everyone would pity you."

"Hey, are you alright?" Ren knelt down to help Kyoko, ignoring Ruriko's tantrum.

That made Ruriko even more furious, so she yelled, "I bet you tripped and fell on purpose, all because of your pathetic crush on Ren Tsuruga."

The room grew quiet. Everyone was looking at them now.

Kyoko was boiling from anger. She wanted to rip out Ruriko's throat for humiliating her like that, and for assuming her intentions, when she didn't know anything about her.

For once she was glad to have her injury because if she was able to stand, she definitely would have hit Ruriko this time. A million rude things came to her mind to say. But she swallowed them. If she would say those things then that would only prove that she was no better than Ruriko.

I'll get back at her, but at her own game. I'll get my revenge from everyone who mistreated me once I become a star. And in order to become a star she had to stay at LME and the Love Me Division. So she suppressed her anger and kept quiet.

"Ruriko, that was uncalled for," the Director, Mr Shinka, who saw the whole ordeal said. "Now Apologise."

All the eyes in the room turned to Ruriko, expectantly. All of them wanted her to apologize. No one was on her side. "Like hell I will," she muttered and stormed out of the room.

"I am sorry about her." He said to Kyoko and helped her up.

"It's fine."

.

.

.

Ruriko couldn't understand what was happening. They sided with a nobody like Kyoko over her. It didn't make any sense. Something was definitely wrong.

She fished out her cell phone from her purse and called her manager, who was supposed to be here before the shoot. It kept ringing. There was no answer. Why today of all days? She groaned in frustration.