Chapter 14.

THE MIRACULOUS LANGUAGE OF ANGELS.

Kyoko was humming cheerfully because it was such a good day. She was carrying some files with Kanae to another block of the building. As she walked ahead, she hummed and danced like a crazy person. Not only she had a talented partner now but she was not alone at Love Me anymore.

I will be spared almost half the ridicule now, she thought happily. "Best day ever!" She sang like an opera singer stressing the 'ever'. She also did a pirouette as she sang.

Kanae followed her with another bundle of files in a similar pink jumpsuit. They looked the same but their moods were the opposite as Kanae was having the worst day. She wore her hair in a bun with a bandana wrapped around her head. She also had sunglasses covering her eyes so that no one could see her face.

Both of the girls were already standing out because of the jumpsuits, on top of that Kyoko's dancing didn't help. Kanae heard two girls mocking them. She went over to them and said, "hey, get it straight. I am not a Love Me member. It's just a temporary thing-"

"Oh, don't be so modest," Kyoko interrupted flashing her teeth. She faced the other two girls and said cheerfully, "let me introduce my new partner in pink."

"If you're all going to wear pink, we should give you numbers," one of the girls said. They both chuckled and left.

"No! Wait," Kanae stood there helpless and totally humiliated.

"It's no use, Moko. The essence of who you used to be has now been completely and totally replaced by the Love Me logo." Kyoko said in mock sincerity as pointed at the logo on her chest. "Nothing could be heard over this pink jumpsuit."

Kanae looked like she was about to cry.

"Just try and breathe. Think of this as a moment of pure emotional turmoil that you can draw from for some future performance," Kyoko raised her first and continued encouragingly, "we can do this. We're special. Kay, Moko?"

"Moko?" Kanae frowned. "Please tell me you're aware that it's not my name. What's up with that?"

"You don't like it? I can find another nickname."

"Not cool. We are not going to be besties with nicknames because I am not staying." She started whispering to herself, "I just have to somehow join the acting classes, then I'll leave this mortifying-" But she was interrupted as someone approached them.

"Kyoko!" It was Swara. "I've been looking for you. I've got a job." He turned to Kanae, "Ms Kotonami, you should come too."

They went to the cafeteria and sat down on a table. Swara told them that the job was over at the Acting Academy

"What exactly do you need us to do?" Kyoko asked him.

"There is this young girl. She's been barging into classes everyday, interrupting rehearsals, and we can't have people doing that. Today, she went a little crazy and a few students got hurt. The President wanted to address this problem personally but there are a couple of complications. Most notably, we can't seem to find any trace of her."

"Um, Okay ," Kyoko replied. "What's the other complication?"

"She is the President's granddaughter." Swara took out a picture from his pocket and passed it to Kyoko.

It was a picture of an adorable, little girl with brown, curly hair and chubby cheeks. Both the girls looked at it and gave a little startled shriek. "It's her!" They said together.

"Do you know her?"

"No, we don't." Both of them shook their heads hurriedly.

"We just...um..." Kyoko tried to come up with an excuse.