Chapter 45.

ENVY.

The moment Kyoko disappeared from the set with no other than Sho Fuwa at her heels, the crew erupted into some frantic gossiping, guessing the relationship of the two. The starstruck girls went wild with excitement after getting a glimpse of the Sho Fuwa in person, and there resentment and envy towards Kyoko grew as well for her being close to Sho Fuwa as well as Ren Tsuruga.

But the person who was most affected by this ordeal was Yashiro. He was freaking out like some teenager who had been caught by his parents smoking weed or something. He desperately prayed that the two were not planning to make up.

"What on earth is his relationship with Kyoko?" He heard some of the crew members mumbling to each other.

"It didn't feel like they just mere acquaintances of friends though."

"Right. Do you think they are going out?"

"It's not impossible."

No! Yashiro shook his head vigorously. Even if Kyoko does forgive him, there is no way she would go out with him again... Or at least I hope so.

"Yashiro!"

Hearing the sound of his name, he turned towards his employer and found Ren behind him. To his horror, there was not even an ounce of worry reflected on his perfectly impassive face.

"I've got today's schedule from the Director, so I'm going to the dressing room to get changed," his lips spread into his perfect, signature smile before he turned to leave.

Yashiro's eyes went wide to the size of saucers. This is not the time to put on that fake smile of yours, you darned Ren! The whole place was in an uproar, but the person who should be going nuts, despite everything, still somehow managed to appear as cool as a cucumber.

What Yashiro didn't know was how much Ren's heart was sinking. Leaving the set, he locked himself in his dressing room, and once he was alone, he punched the wall with all his might to relieve some of his frustration. You had your shot, Fuwa. Since you blew it, there's no way I'll let you have her again!

.

.

.

Once they were alone in the lobby, Kyoko whisper-screamed at Sho, "are you crazy? Do you think you can just show up at my workplace anytime you feel like it?"

"I know," he replied coolly. "I shouldn't have come here, but I just couldn't wait. I had to see you so-"

"Of course you couldn't! Your precious pride was hurt by the likes of me. How on earth could you wait to get back at me! You just had to settle the score as soon as-"

"That's not why I'm here!" His voice raised a little, cutting Kyoko off. I came here to give you this." He reached into his jacket pocket.

What is that? A weapon? Kyoko didn't put it past him. She was instantly on her guard.

Unexpectedly, the tiny object that Sho pulled out of his pocket was nothing close to resembling a weapon. Instead, it turned out to be a patch of ointment. "Here." He held it out to her.

Kyoko shied away from it as if it was a deadly bomb about to set off.

"What now?" He frowned angrily.

"For someone, who had only taken from me all my life, to be coming out of his way to give me something! And you expect me to believe that it's not poisoned?"

"Why do you always have to get so melodramatic? Sheesh." He rolled his eyes. "My stunt double gave it to me. He assured me that it works really fast." His eyes guiltily flickered over to her band-aid. "Even if it's not a major wound, you want it to heal quickly, right?"