Chapter 66.

BOX R.

The sky was overcast and it was quite a slothful morning on that particular day. As usual, Ren and Yashiro arrived at the location of the shoot a few minutes earlier than everyone else. Since no one had arrived yet, there was an odd, subdued silence stretching there but Ren was accustomed to it. In fact, he quite enjoyed it and found it comforting.

It stayed hushed like that for a while, before a shrill voice squealed his name disturbing the dear serene quietude.

"Ren!" As the person calling out to him ran nearer, the voice grew louder as well.

Ren didn't seem to mind though, because the sound of her voice was like music to his ears. An easy smile formed on his lips when he laid eyes on her face. She was grinning ecstatically.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much again for that beautiful rose!" Kyoko exclaimed with the excitement of a kid who just got her ultimate wish granted. "This time I mean it from all my heart!" She was so happy that she literally danced. She spun around. Raising one foot in the air, she tried performing a triple pirouette, but by the third round, she lost her balance and would've stumbled down if Ren hadn't steadied her in time by grabbing her by the waist.

Kyoko didn't react to Ren's kind gesture of catching her at all, because she was too thrilled to notice it. With her grin still flashing on her face, she took something out of her pocket and showed it to them. "You see this?"

It was a pink tear-shaped crystal. Yashiro squinted his eyes at it questioningly.

"I found it in that rose. It must be a tear of Queen Rosa! I believed in it and I found it!" She ranted on cluelessly.

"Wow!" Ren pretended to be amazed. "I guess if you truly believe, then miracles do happen." Yashiro threw him a dirty look from the corner of his eyes once the manager caught on.

"I know, right?" Kyoko kept grinning like an idiot. She was now sure that whatever role would come her way, with the lucky charm of Queen Rosa in her possession, she would excel at it.

Soon, more and more people started filing in, and Kyoko left for her dressing room. Yashiro narrowed his eyes dubiously at his employer. "You're the one who put it in, aren't you?"

Ren chose not to answer.

"A crystal, really?" The manager shook his head. "It must've cost a lot. Knowing Kyoko, she would've never accepted something so expensive, and so you carefully planned this whole thing, placing that crystal in the rose. You then made up that whole story so she would take it. The crystal was her real present, right?"

Ren smiled. His face a picture of innocence. "I don't know what you mean."

"You sly man!" Yashiro slapped his back. "I finally understand why you and the President get along so well..."

.

.

.

"Cut!" The Director called. "And that's a wrap. Kyoko, you were perfect. Keep that up."

The crew members at the Box R set showered her with applause, as they stared at her with wonderstruck eyes. Even her costars were impressed by her exceptional acting skills.

"She really is from LME. It's like she doesn't even know the meaning of retakes!" Kyoko heard someone mumble behind her.

"I agree. Just what you'd expect from someone who had co-stared with Ren Tsuruga."

Kyoko couldn't help it. Her cheeks burned into all shades of red.

The sound of the applause didn't seem to fade, instead it grew louder and louder, until Kyoko finally woke up and smacked her alarm clock shut, making it's noise instantly die down.