Chapter 93.

KIDNAPPED BY THE NEMESIS.

Kyoko finally relaxed a bit when the driver had taken them a safe distance away from the school. At least now she didn't have to worry about being seen with Sho.

However, her back turned stiff again as she turned to face her captor. "Whatever it is that you've got to say, spill and be done with it!"

With his jaw resting on his fist, Sho regarded her coolly without turning his head. His eyes slightly narrowed and he looked away again.

"What the hell?" she snapped, even more annoyed by his silence. "What are you trying to prove with that disappointment no-good look, huh?"

He shot her a glare. "That's because it's precisely what I am feeling. Disappointed! You really are a no-good, irredeemable woman."

Rage sparked within Kyoko, but before she could unleash her wrath on Sho, he went on, cutting her off.

"I thought you were going to beat me so bad that I would never be able to stand in the spotlight again. Wasn't this you goal? Weren't you going to become an even greater star than me just so you could make me regret ever leaving you?" The words caught her off guard. "Why on earth did you start all this? Do you even remember or have you forgotten? Judging from the way you're so busy seducing men, you must have."

"Excuse me! Who's seducing men again?"

"So you were not seducing some co-worker of yours named Kijima?" He snorted. "You let him doll you up in a fancy dress and even agreed to be his date. What was that about, huh?"

If Sho had questioned her about anything else, Kyoko would've snapped at him how she wasn't entitled to answer him anything. However, this particular subject reminded her of how similarly angry Ren had gotten, and she couldn't help but feel remorse.

Instead of telling him off, she tried to explain to him as well how it was all just a misunderstanding. "There's nothing going on between us! You would've known that if you had bothered to see the whole interview instead of coming here to kidnap me!"

"So you did not let him buy you clothes?"

"I did, but it was only because I didn't have a dress for the party and-"

Sho's temper reached it's peak, and the next words he spoke came out in a shout. "How dense can you be, woman? You had no idea that he was helping just so he could sleep with you later? The only reason a man buys clothes for a woman is so he tear them off of her and have sex with her!"

"Th-that-" Kyoko was so surprised that she could hardly speak. Party because this was the first time she had seen Sho pissed to such an extent, and partly because of his unusual and precise way of phrasing things. Desperate not to lose the fight, she protested. "That dress wasn't a gift! It was rented, and Mr Kijima is my senior who got it for me!"

"It doesn't matter whether it was a gift or not as long as he paid for it!" Sho thundered. The familiarity of his words hit Kyoko with a sense of deja vu and she shuddered remembering how Ren had said the exact same thing to her, only much much more coldly.

The two remained quiet for a while until Sho finally calmed enough to speak again, and when he did, his tone was surprisingly soft.

"And after I acknowledged you as my rival! Since you're distracted from your goal, I'm gonna keep rising and you'll never reach me. This shallow pride of yours, you'll have nothing to back it up when you lose to me." He shook his head. "Tsk. And all because you're once again turning into that same country girl obsessed with dreams of love."

The words stung her like a tight slap, her face burning. Kyoko tried to come up with something as nasty to say which could even remotely depict how horrible she was feeling. But before she could succeed, a text beeped. Glancing at her phone she was reminded how she was being late for her Bo shoot at the TBM studio.