Chapter 82.

CAR CHASE.

Stepping out of the bathroom after her long shower, Kyoko found Ren lying on the bed, heaped into a bundle of blanket. She couldn't even see his face to know if he was sleeping or not, but judging from his stillness, he had probably dozed off.

Kyoko let out a sigh of relief. She was wearing Setsu's nightsuit which was nothing but a skimpy and sexy lingerie. Man, I had been so worried for nothing, she thought, letting her arms fall to her sides, which had been shielding her indecent bodice. If I had known he'd be asleep, I would've come out sooner.

Before getting to bed herself, she made sure to set an alarm for morning. She was was supposed to meet Jelly Woods at eight a.m. in the garage the next day with Ren.

While setting the alarm, she thought about her schedule for the next day. Besides having Box R shoot, she had the rest of the day off. Her head swivelled to the side as she glanced at Ren sleeping, and she wondered about his schedule too. She knew that he had Dark Moon shoot after their meeting with their stylist Ms Woods, but she had no idea about what came after it.

Now that they might occasionally had to rehearse together for their part as the Heels, Kyoko thought it best that she kept a tab on Ren's schedule as well.

Reaching for her cellphone, she dialed Yashiro. It was picked up on the third bell.

"Hello? Kyoko, is everything alright?" The manager sounded alarmed.

"Yeah, why?"

"I asked because it's very unusual for you to call this late."

Kyoko glanced at the wall clock and she realized for the first time that it was one a.m. "I'm so sorry for disturbing you!" She immediately apologized. "Did I wake you?"

"Not really. What's up?"

"Actually, I called to ask you about Ren's schedule. Could you tell me what tomorrow looks like?"

Ordinarily, Yashiro would've gladly shared such information with her, but since Ren's part in Tragic Marker was supposed to be highly confidential, he hesitated in giving away the details of his client's schedule so freely, even to Kyoko. "Um... Why do you wanna know?"

There was silence momentarily. "Mr Yashiro, don't you know?"

"Know what?" The manager frowned.

"Right now, I'm playing Ren's, I meant Cain Heel's little sister."

.

.

.

The garage was empty with the exception of a single person, whose sillouette was visible from a distance, and the Heels approached the lone figure, being certain that the person was waiting for them.

Setsuka glanced at her brother, whose hair were messier than usual, and tsked, shaking her head. "Just look at your hair! You should've dried them before going to sleep! You're so careless!"

Cain answered indifferently, "what's wrong with my hair? They always have cowlicks."

"They're not cowlicks. That's just your bedhead!"

Before Cain could reply, the two had reached their destination, and the lone figure turned out to be Jelly herself waiting for them. "Hey!" She greeted them with a cheerful smile.

Upon meeting her, the two actors instantly dropped their characters, knowing their rehearsal was over.

"That RV over there," the stylist pointed to a trailer. "Get in. We'll talk there. It's not very spacious, but it's big enough to fit the four of us."