"Lucy?" I ask, after seeing the familiar and gorgeous girl he was kissing.

"Maddie" Cole says reaching out and grabbing my hand.

"Don't fucking touch me", I pull it our of his grip and walk towards the swarm of people, ready to be engulf by anything besides what I am feeling right now.

"Madelyn. I promise you it's not what it looks like" He says, keeping close on my heels.

I refuse to let the tears prick my eyes.

I reach Cara and turn around to face Cole as it seems everyone's phones go off at the same time, "It's fine. It's not like we're dating anyways. You can kiss whoever you want."

"Hey Madelyn" Cara says, holding her phone out for me to see.

My heart drops even further, if possible.

"No" I take a shaky breath, "This can't be happening"

I look around and see the picture of me in lingerie light up on multiple screens. A collective "Ooo"'s go around the room.

I push past everyone and towards the front door. Feeling everyone's eyes on me.

The tears starting to cloud my eyes, but I blink them away. Not allowing everyone to see how this was actually affecting me.

I rush out the front door and to the side walk.

"Madelyn. Please" I hear from inside the house, but I ignore it and continue to walk.

I find a large tree a couple blocks down and press my back against it, taking a deep breath. Or at least trying to. The shaky breath rakes over me as I hear multiple sets of foot prints approach.

"Stay away from her" Cara says sternly, shortly after letting out a "hmph".

"Please just let me talk to her" Cole says quietly.

"I swear to God that I will maze you"

"Please"

I step out from behind the tree, "It's fine Cara".

He lets out a sigh of what seems like relief, "Madelyn. please let m-"

"No. I won't.", I cross my arms suddenly feeling self-conscious standing in front of him. And unable to look at him directly. "Of course I'm upset about the kiss, even though I know a shouldn't be. We were just friends, but I had always thought that you were someone that I could fall in love with someday. Someone that I could be more than just friends with. I've always wished that I had been ready to date you, but I am so glad I wasn't."

"Mad-"

"No" I respond, starting to talk louder. "I trusted you", my voice breaks, tears starting to stream down my cheeks. "With things that I've never trusted anyone else with. That picture" I pause trying to process what to say next. "That picture was never meant for anyone, but I thought there was no harm in sending it to you. I guess that's on me. I thought you could be someone you're not. Turns out you always just be the player next door, and it's my fault for thinking you could be anything more than that." I turn and begin to walk the other direction, uncontrollable sobs violently raking through my body.

Cara soon catches up to me and takes me hand in hers, for comfort. The sobs continue until I decide that I'm tired of crying. And then the emptiness takes over until I'm numb.

***

Cara's POV

I knock on Madelyn's bedroom door and get no answer. I push the door open and see her laying on her bed. In the same clothes from last night.