Chapter 34

I caved for a minute and bought a pregnancy test. But the more I stared at it, the more I realized that I was just losing my mind and letting Kassandra get into my head. So I hid it and I refused to look at it. But every time I had myself thrown over the toilet at 8 o'clock in the morning, I considered it. And it was like that for a week. It made me sick to even think about it. Till a month had went by and I was late. Super late.

I don't want to take that pregnancy test. I do not want to give Kassandra the satisfaction that she could possibly be right. I fucking hate her. But I can't exactly go to the doctor's. Denim will find out before they could even tell me I am or aren't.

Denim and I haven't really been on speaking terms lately either. He's either too focused on arguing with Kassandra or about their unborn child together. As soon as I come around, he doesn't care to talk about it. Nor talk to me. Is he trying to spare my feelings or trying to pretend that she means nothing to him when she kinda does.

Am I an idiot for letting her stay?

That same night before I crawled into bed, Denim was already asleep. He just came home and walked right past me to head to bed. "Denim?" I whispered. "Can we talk for a second please?" I placed my hand on his arm gently trying to wake him up.

"...Brandy I've had a long day. We'll talk in the morning." He groans rolling over onto his side.

"But it's important. I really-"

Denim groans breathing out into his hands. "-Brandy I said that I've had a long day. We can talk in the morning." Denim says to me. "I'll spend the day with you."

"okay." I say quietly to myself.

I can hear it in his voice that he's falling back asleep. As I lay my head down onto the pillow, I kept on my side keeping my back faced to him. I felt his arm snake around my waist as he moves closer to me.

For the rest of the night, I barely slept. I was trying to convince myself just to take the damn test, but was also trying to convince myself not to take it. I soon found myself in the kitchen chugging as much water as possible while locking myself in the downstairs washroom. I sat on the toilet with the pregnancy test, between my legs, just waiting.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm crazy." I whisper to myself has I start to feel the the the urinate. My heart start to race and I sat there with my eyes closed praying that this is all nothing, that I'm peeing on a stick because Kassandra got into my head.

"Princess? Brandy? Open the door. What the hell are you doing?" Denim says jiggling at the doorknob.

"One second." I say clearing my throat. I grabbed the test and tossed it into the medicine cabinet along with the box. Opening the door, Denim stares at me confused. "I didn't want to wake you."

"You're hiding something. What is it?" He questions. Stopping me with his arm, Denim holds me back from walking past him.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Just have a headache." I smiled.

Denim turns his back about to walk away. "Wait!" I called out to him. After turning off the light, I went after Denim. I grabbed his arm. Denim stops looking at me over his shoulder. No matter what mood he was in, he always had this soul piercing look in his eyes.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. "Um, Denim we...really need to talk and I don't think that it can wait until the morning."

Denim licks his bottom lip. "Brandy-"

"-No. Please Denim. I can't-I have to tell you before it's too late."

His face nearly seemed to change for a spilt second. Is this a new emotion I'm sensing? Denim and I sat down in the living room just looking at each other. "Jesus Brandy. Out With It!" Denim says getting a little frustrated.