Chapter 24

Brandy's POV

Ever since Denim had drag me back to live with him, I refused to leave the guest bedroom. Not looking at him or speaking to him. I refused to let him touch me. 

"Brandy you gotta open that door eventually." Alexander says knocking from the other side. "I don't think Denim will be able to contain his anger much longer. I don't want to see you hurt kiddo. I know this is very hard for you-"

"If you know how this is for me then stop trying to force me to be with him. I don't want anything to do with him." I said swinging the door open. "Denim is nothing, but a monster." 

Alexander sighs crossing his ams. "Brandy. Give Denim a chance." 

I shook my head. "Absolutely not." 

Footsteps from down the hall grew louder. The scent of his cologne filled room immediately. "Brandy I need to talk you." Denim says pushing himself into the room. 

"No." I told him sternly. 

Denim reached out to grab me, but stopped himself with all the strength he had. "Alexander leave us alone." Denim says shutting the door. I went to reach for the handle, but he held me back. 

Denim picks me up throwing me onto the bed, hovering over me. "Denim I want Alexander in here. I don't want to be alone with you."

He rolls his eyes. "Fine."

Denim gets off me and reopens the door. "Come on in, father. Miss. Brandy insists that I can't be trusted alone with her."

Alexander simply pulls Denim aside. They spoke quietly making sure I couldn't hear what they were saying. Suddenly, they both looked over at me. "Brandy just a few minutes. I'll be outside."

"Wait-"

"-Brandy I need to take a business trip for a day or two. I rather not leave you here alone. So you are coming with me. We leave tonight."

I frowned. The thought of being alone with him again terrified me. Flashbacks of Denim hitting me repeatedly, tossing me around like a rag doll, screaming at me again, haunted me. My heart racing as fast it could. 

"I-I can stay here myself. I'll be alright." I tell him taking a step back. Running my hand through my hair, I watched Denim step even closer to me. Close enough to feel his body warmth against me. "Really, it's no trouble."

"I can't leave you here alone. No one will be here." Denim tells me. "Plus I've made a small arrangement for us to enjoy." He says reaching to take my hand. I moved my hand away, barely touching his, before he could even touch mine.

Denim just looked at me. I saw a flash of anger in his eyes before he turned his back to me, heading towards the door. "Brandy. Please do not argue with me about this. I know what could happen if you were to stay here by yourself." He tells me opening the door. 

Alexander looks over at me. "Did he touch you?" He asks. 

I shook my head. "No. He didn't." 

The door closes and sit on the bed, wrapping myself up, in the blanket. A warm feeling that I am craving, but yet to have find. Forcing myself back up, I grab an empty bag from the closet and started to put a few of my things together. 

Denim would never insist that I go with him unless he genuinely thought I wouldn't safe alone. Though I haven't talk to him much for the last couple of days, I could feel him watching me like a hawk. Making sure that every step I took, nothing was in the way to harm me. 

I can never understand Denim. How he gets so riled up when things don't go his way. How he treats me when things do his way. The constant beatings to flowers accompanied with expensive jewellery. Denim loves to show me off like I'm some trophy, but has no problem bruising me.

I dropped the bag on the floor. I opened the door storming down the steps to his office. Without knowing what I would even say to him, I push open the door. Sitting at his desk with a small glass of rum in his hand, he motions for me to walk over to him. Walking over to him, I grabbed the glass from his hand placing it down on the table. 

He chuckles shortly. Placing his hands on my waist, I quickly removed them. "What brings you to my office? Haven't I told you to start knocking before you come barging on in?" He says standing up.

 I looked up at him.

He smiles. 

"You don't knock."

He laughs again. "I own the place Brandy. Now answer my question."

"Make up your mind."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Denim says sitting back down. Picking up the glass again, he brings it to his lips taking a sip. 

I frowned. "About me."

"I'm not following." He says. Denim places the glass back down. 

I paused unsure of what to say. 

"Today Brandy please." Denim says getting a little restless with me. "If you aren't going to speak then-"

"-stop that! Stop treating me like I'm the problem. I just need you to be nice to me. Do you even know what that means?" I blurted out. "Maybe if you showed the slightest bit of kindness to me maybe I wouldn't fear you. Maybe would I stop having constant nightmares of you beating to the pulp..." I stopped. Looking into his eyes, he seemed as if he just wandered off into another dimension. I took a step back. "...Unbelievable. You aren't even listening to me."

Denim grabs my hand, keeping me from walking away from him. "No I'm listening to you. Keep going."

"I just want you to be kinder to me. I have no problem trying to see where our relationship goes as long as you stop being this horrific monster towards me...especially Charlotte."

Denim stands up, this time, he grabs my waist gently holding me closer to him. I placed my hands on his chest. Slightly picking me up, he sits on his desk. "Are you going to get naked for me or am I going to have to do it for you?"

I scoffed. "Haven't I told you that I'm no longer having sex with you?" I smiled sliding off the desk.