𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟓𝟐

꧁꧂

June | 2027

"Okay, so this is where they are sitting and we have a playground there." The director points at the corner of the colorful classroom. Benjamin lets go of Kendra's hand and walks towards the window. He climbs on the window frame and watched all the kids play outside the school building. Benjamin smiled. "This group is having a thirty minutes break before they get inside and start painting everything that has to do with summer." Kendra smiled and crossed her arms, walking around the cute classroom with the little tables and chairs. The ABCs and a chalkboard on the wall. Her high heels click on the floor when walks closer to the yellow wall. She watched the hanging pictures of different images.

"What does this mean?" Kendra asks pointing at the pictures. The director looked up and smiled.

"Mama, mama!" Kenzie says touching Billie's cheek. Billie moves her head to the side, kissing Kenzie's hand. She giggled and put her binky back in her mouth. Billie moves Kenzie a little so she will be silent. She's already one which means she's having a lot of energy.

"This is the program for today! The kids don't have a realization of the time yet so we work with pictures." She points at one. "This one means that's time for a lunch break and this one means that it's time for a creativity lesson. For every child we have attention! In our school, it's important that the kids play and while they are playing that they will learn as well. We read stories often and let the kids portray their fantasies." Kendra glanced at Billie and smiled. "We also learn the stuff the kids need to learn but every child is different, the one learns faster than the other one and we are willing to adjust on every child who needs more attention. At this school, we care about well-being and cognitive development. For every child, there's a chance to grow."

"Benjamin is still having his one-hour midday nap, is that a problem?" Billie says standing next to Kendra. Kenzie reached to Kendra with her little arms. Billie let Kendra hold Kenzie.

"That's fine, you can pick him up so he can have his nap. That's not a problem. Is he already potty trained?" Billie and Kendra nod. "Alright, we have always reserve clothes may there be an accident. But you also can put it in his school bag or give it to us."

"You said that after the summer vacation, Benjamin can try out a few hours of school. Right?" The director nods. Billie glanced at Kendra. They have picked out one of the expensive public elementary schools. The kids are wearing a uniform and this school is highly recommended by parents. Billie and Kendra smiled. "Benjamin," Billie calls for him. He runs towards them. "Do you like this school?" Benjamin nods and smiled. The director smiled.

"We will make sure that you are having the best time here, Benjamin!" She says and looked at Kenzie. "You need to wait a few more years." She laughs.

Kenzie put the binky out of her mouth and threw it towards the director. "BAA!" She screams with a devilish smile. Billie's eyes widen, picking up the binky. The director looked at her shocked.

"Excuse me!" Kendra says and glanced at Kenzie. "That was not nice, Kenzie." She turns away and hugs Kendra's neck. "She's tired," Kendra explains.

"That's okay! She's a feisty little girl." The director laughs. Billie chuckled looking at Kendra.

"Yeah. And I know exactly who she looks like." Billie smiled and Kendra. They laughed and talked more.