𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟑𝟗

꧁꧂

May

"Mom, dad? I brought groceries." Cohen calls putting the bags down on the kitchen counter. His mother walks into the kitchen, thanking him with a kiss on the cheek. He smiled wiping his mom's saliva off his cheek.

"Thank you!" She patted on his cheek and looked at the groceries. "Are you eating dinner with us?" His mother eyed him up. He nods. "Good! I'm making rice with chicken! For those little muscles of you!" She squeezes his bicep and starts to unpack the ingredients. He laughs and sighed.

"Mom I'm not little anymore."

"You always will be my little boy, Cohen!"

He grabbed an apple, looking at it for a while. "I need to talk with you and dad. Without Ginny and Gray." He started, his mother immediately turns around looking at Cohen worriedly. "It's not something bad. Don't worry. It is a life-changing decision, for me. I want your opinion."

His mother nods. "Yes of course. Ginny is having a sleepover with her friend and Gray is at your grandparents. Let's talk while having dinner." Cohen nods, helping her mother with cooking dinner.

"So. Only a small amount of people know this and I'm able to tell you this so don't tell Gray and Ginny yet." He says slicing his chicken, his father took a bite of the potatoes and his mother is drinking a glass of water. They listened to what Cohen has to say. "Kendra and Billie are trying for a baby for a while now." His mother gasps smiling big. The father nods wanting him to go on.

"That's great for them! How is that going?" His mother asks curiously.

"Well." Cohen looked down at his dinner. "They are searching for a donor and. They asked me to take a chance to be a donor." He bites his lip looking at his parents. They stare at them being all silent now. "Billie and Kendra are giving me time to think about it-."

"Wow. Uh. What is your decision, son?" His father questioned. "It's not just something."

"How are you feeling about this? You are helping to create a child but be aware that the child isn't yours."

"I'm aware of that mom. But how do I know that I make the right decision? How-."

"Do what feels right son. Your mother and I always told you that you were a child that figured out things by yourself and this big decision you will. To be sure, your mom and I are standing beside you whatever decision you make." Cohen smiled a little.

"Even though it's difficult, you are the adult and you are the one who's planning your life. We trust your decision, Cohen." His mother took his hand. He nods. "If you decide to do it, I want one condition."

"What?"

"I want you to have children on your own! We are still waiting to be grandparents, Cohen!" His mother says, his father laughed. Cohen rolls his eyes.

After dinner he was standing on the balcony of his parent's house, holding a straw between his teeth he was looking at the dark sky. "Ugh fuck." He mumbled and took his phone. He searched for Kendra's number. Cohen almost tapped in the phone icon to call her but he didn't, he instead stares at her name. "Just one more night." He says to himself and locked his phone. He walks back inside the house.