𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟓𝟒

꧁꧂

4 years later | 2036
September

"Wait-. Aren't they the children of Billie and Kendra O'Connell? My parents went to their concert when they were young." A girl whispered to her best friend when Benjamin and Kenzie walk into the hallway of the school building. Every eye was on them.

"They are so weird." Kenzie sighed and stopped when she was in the right classroom. "Thank you for bringing me, Bella couldn't walk with me because she needed to go to the doctor first. I feel alone walking around." They are inside the pre-junior high school building. Since Kenzie is ten years old she's in the other building than her thirteen-year-old brother. He's in his seventh grade.

"No problem sis. See you around okay?" Benjamin's heavy voice makes the girl's head turn to look at him curiously. Kenzie nods, looking at the girls who had a crush on her brother. She rolls her eyes.

"Just go before they won't leave you alone. Stop staring at my brother! Nasty asses!" She groans, the girls immediately looked away. Benjamin laughs caressing Kenzie's head. "Bye big bro!" She says and walks into the classroom to greet her teacher.

Benjamin walks into the right hall of the high school building. Heads got turned in his direction when he walks past the lockers. He didn't have any attention to the juniors who have an eye on him. Benjamin was looking on his phone as if he received a message from a special someone, but there was nothing.

"Hey, Ben! Have you played the new version of GTA? My father and I have been standing in the row for hours to buy one!" One of his friends Caleb smiled, showing Benjamin the video game.

"Nope, my parents told me that I have enough video games and that I need to wait until I get my allowance," Benjamin explains and shrugged.

"That's too bad. What about if we are going to play it in your house? You have those cool controllers and flatscreen television in 4d surround sound!" Caleb fixed his glasses, smiling excitedly at Benjamin.

He laughs. "Sure! But not today, I need to go to a gala with my parents and sister. What about tomorrow?" Caleb nods. Benjamin smiled when he sees that special person Layla opening her locker to grab her heavy books. "Catch you later okay?" He pats Caleb's shoulder and grabbed a fake rose out of his backpack. He walks towards her. But he got stopped by the popular girl from the juniors.

"Hi, Benjamin!" She smiled touching her blonde hair. Her eyes landed on the rose and back to him.

"Hey, what's up?" He smiled friendly. Layla watched them and rolls her eyes out of jealousy.

"How are you doing? I have heard that you are going to this gala with all the superstars!" She smiled touching his arm. Layla sigh turning away, she pretends that she's doing something inside her locker. Benjamin nods. "So, are you allowed to take someone with you? Maybe as a date?"

"Oh, Uhm. Yeah, I do that's why I need to go. Nice to have spoken to you!" He winked at her and walks past her. She gasps looking bothered at Benjamin. When Layla closes her locker Benjamin was standing next to her, she let out a scream looking shocked at him. He laughs. "Wow, I didn't know I was that scary?" She rolls her eyes playfully and laughs.

"So-. How was talking with Chloe?" Layla asks, touching her curly hair. Benjamin smiled. "What?" Layla crosses her arms. He shook his head.

Redamancy Book 3 // B.EOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara