𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟑𝟔

꧁꧂

February

"Billie." Kendra shakes her. "Billie, please wake up."

Billie opened her eyes tiredly. "What's wrong baby? How late is it?" She yawns and grabbed her phone to look at the time. "It's still midnight," Billie says facing Kendra again. But she sees the panic in Kendra's eyes. "What happened, what-." Before Billie could answer there was a loud bang downstairs. Billie's heart raises and sits up fast.

"Someone is in our house, Billie. I can feel it." Kendra whisper, her voice shaking. Billie looked immediately to the ground, seeing Shark and Snowflake standing. The animals are safely here. Billie pushes the sheets away from her and stands up. There was another loud thump from downstairs, making Billie and Kendra jump. Shark runs towards the closed bedroom door and barked repeatedly.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" Billie murmur and runs to Shark, grabbing him by his skin. "Shush!" Shark immediately stopped, Billie carefully dragged him to the walk-in closet. Kendra stood up and grabbed their white cat, she locked the bedroom door and walks into the walk-in closet as well. "They will be safe here." Billie whisper, Kendra nods putting Snowflake to the ground. Billie immediately goes to the safe and types in the correct code. "You need to stay in here too." She says, getting out a loaded gun.

Kendra gasps. "When did you-. I'm not leaving you alone Billie! Are you crazy!" Kendra was in tears from the adrenaline. Billie walks towards her.

"I want you to calm down, okay! Call the police." Kendra nods and runs towards her bed to grab her phone. Billie put on some pants since she only sleeps with a shirt on. She heard Kendra speaking to the station. She walks out of the closet, Shark followed her. "Stay!" Billie pointed at him, Shark immediately sits down. "Good boy." Billie closes the door in front of him. "I want you to do what the police say. I'm going to look how far they are-."

"Billie, I don't like the risk you are taking." Kendra shook her head. "Please, stay with me."

"I won't be far, one minute, okay." Billie kisses Kendra on the lips and unlocked the door softly getting out of the bedroom. Kendra bites her lip nervously. With the gun in her hand, Billie walks into the dark hallway of the first floor. She heard a shuffle and mumbling from downstairs. Billie is standing at the corner next to the stairs. She could see one of the criminals with black outfits walking into their living room. They couldn't see Billie from there.

"Hurry up! Take every valuable piece. Yes, take the awards too! Especially the Grammys, it's a lot of worth."

The criminals disappeared in her sight, Billie looked at the front door and took a step on the stairs.

"Twenty-five, twenty-four, twenty-three." Kendra counts one minute long for Billie to come. She phases around the room. "Seventeen, sixteen, fifteen." She heard the woman on the phone talking to Kendra, but Kendra was only focussing on Billie. "Five, four, three." The bedroom door opened, Kendra turns around shockingly.

"It's me, baby," Billie says and locked the door behind her. Kendra embraces Billie immediately. "They are busy in our living room, four men. I was able to unlock the front door and press on the button to open the gate for the polices." Billie spoke, clearly so the policewoman on the phone could hear it as well. She informed the polices who's on their way.

"Even though it's a risk. Well done. Now hide somewhere safe, the polices will be here in a few minutes. Stay with me in the call." The woman said. Billie and Kendra hide inside the walk-in closet, locking themselves in there with the animals. Billie and Kendra are sitting on the ground, holding each other tightly. They were sure that the criminals think that they aren't home, so they were safe.