𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟒𝟓

꧁꧂

Kendra O'Connell

When I hold you, life makes sense

My eyes followed Billie's steps when she's carrying Benjamin in her arms. She smiled and frowned looking down at our little sleeping boy. He has those tiny white clothing on with a beanie to keep him warm. Benjamin made a cute noise, making Billie smiled even bigger. Her eyes were glossy and her cheeks flushed. My wife is happy and so am I.

I just got out of the shower with the help of Jenna. My bed got all cleaned up so I can spend the rest of the night on it. Since it's two hours ago that I gave birth, Jenna wants me to eat something before I'm going to take a nap. But the question is if I'm able to take a nap. All I want is to look at our son and Billie's adorable face.

Jenna walked back with two sandwiches on a plate and apple juice, she also took something to eat for Billie. My mother was on her way back to home so she can share her story to her parents and Billie's family. They are having a get together. They will visit us tomorrow, now it isn't possible because it's late at night and the baby and I have to rest.

I looked up at Jenna. "When are we able to go home?" I ask and thanked her when I got my sandwich. She sits down on the corner of my bed.

"Tomorrow morning is the gynecologist here to check on you and Benjamin. When everything is good you can go home! I will be following you so I can start with the maternity week. I can't wait to learn Billie and you the basics" She smiled excitedly.

Billie chuckled. "Don't bother. We know how to take care of this guy." She whispered still looking down at him. I smiled and looked back at Jenna.

"You are welcome Jenna, we would love to learn things since parenting is something new in our busy hectic lives." I glanced at Billie.

"It's a ten days maternity care-."

"Ten days!" Billie says shocked looking up.

I roll her eyes of Billie's reaction. Jenna smiled. "If I see that you know how to take care of Benjamin it doesn't have to be ten days." Billie nods.

"Tomorrow I'm going to the township so I can declare Benjamin's existence," Billie says looking at their son. "Hm. Benjamin Ramirez Jonathan O'Connell." She says kissing his soft head. I giggled, Billie smiled walking over to me. She sits on the edge of the bed and carefully handed me over Benjamin. I have our son in my arms and I'm falling in love with him all over again when I see his tiny face.

"I will leave you both alone. Goodnight Benjamin." Jenna caresses his cheek and stands up. "Goodnight! I see you about a few hours!" She walks towards the door.

"Thank you so much for tonight!" I say.

"Yes, thank you for your hard work." Billie smiled.

"My pleasure! And that was not me who was working hard." She winks at them and closes the door behind her.