𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟏𝟕

BILLIE took a step towards the front door and give a few knocks onto it

BILLIE took a step towards the front door and give a few knocks onto it. It took a while until someone opened the door. Billie is standing in front of an old-looking man, wearing a white shirt and black sweatpants. He's bald and has a dark mustache, his eyes are puffy and red as if he hasn't been sleeping in days or he's on drugs. He has a cigarette between his lips. He frowned when he sees the person who's standing on his porch. "What can I do for you?" His raspy voice makes Billie aware of his welfare.

"Good evening sir. I'm looking for Janette, is she home?" Billie asks and looks past him into the dark hallway. It looks musty and not so hospitable for guests or even a family. Her eyes go back to the man. He let out a hum crossing his muscled arms. She could see the black tattoos on his arms.

"And who do you think you are?" Billie realizes that this man must be Janette's father.

Billie is holding her temper. "My name is Billie Eilish. I have been teaching your daughter singing lessons. I haven't heard from her for a while and she doesn't answer my calls either, so I decide to check on her. So can I speak to Janette, sir?" Billie pays close attention to the man.

"Billie? What are you doing here?" Janette appears next to her father and glanced up at him. "It's okay dad." He nods and glanced one more time at Billie before he left. "You can't just appear at my house!" She hard whispered. Billie surprisingly looked at her.

"And why not? I haven't heard from you in months. I was worried and wanted to check on you. Why haven't you called me or give me any signals?" Janette looked down at her feet. "Hey, what's wrong?" Janette took a step outside the house and close the door behind her they sit down on one of the steps. "How are you doing? With your parents."

"Fine actually. Their therapy is working, they fight less and they are determined to go to this therapy twice a week. So I'm happy about that." Billie's lips formed a little smile peering at Janette. "I'm receiving good grades for my education as well."

"That's amazing! Right?" Janette nods. "I miss you in my studio," Billie tells. Janette glanced at her. "We should work on your music. I have a few ideas for your tracks. But only if you want to."

"I don't know. Things are complicated." Janette blushes a little, thinking of what happened between them.

"Why?" Billie asks clueless. Janette's eyes widen. Billie laugh. "I'm just joking. If you are talking about that little incident in the studio. It was nothing, Janette. I'm over it, lets move on okay?" Janette nods fast and smiled as well. Billie stands up. "I'm on my way to New York for Kendra's twelfth show because I will perform with her. I wanted to ask if you want to join me if you can go, of course. I don't want to hold you up if you are busy at the moment."

Janette gasp. "Yes! Of course, I want to go! I have summer vacation, but I can't afford a bus ticket."

Billie chuckled. "You are going to travel with me. The jet is faster than a bus." Janette smiled big. "Let me get permission from your parents first." She nods and opened the door for Billie. Janette rushed to her room to pack, while Billie talks with her parents.