Midoriya Izuku: As Night Falls

Start from the beginning

"I'm very sorry, Chief. It won't happen again." You apologized. Chief Masahiro huffed.

"Hmph, you better make sure of that, (L/N). I've been hearing the same thing from you since the past two days. You're lucky I haven't decided to dismiss you."

You uttered another apology then straightened up. Chief Masahiro gave you another flash of his glare before he brushed past you. You looked back at him as he retreated to his office while scratching his thinning gray hair. You sighed, neatened up your hair and clothes then walked over to your work area. 

You slumped down your chair after you had dropped your bag on the floor without another care. If your whole being was already a mess, your desk was no different either. Piles of paperwork, sticky notes stuck around the walls of your cubicle and some on your computer, that tumbler you forgot to take home or wash for three days now, and two small bags of uneaten crackers you didn't remember where you got it from. Evidences of stressful work spent in overtime. You swept aside the mess to set a place where you could rest your arms. You swiped a hand through your hair as you sighed. 

"Tired already? We haven't even started, you know." A familiar voice spoke from the cubicle on your right. 

You turned your head. Midoriya Izuku stood there. Unlike you, who looked like you had just walked right in the middle of a storm before coming to work, he was far more the opposite of that. He was neat as a pin. His green hair was slicked back to the side, with a bunch of his curls remaining on the front. His clothes were smooth with no traces of any wrinkles from his red tie, to his black dress pants. You were sure even his handkerchief would be perfectly ironed, if he even brought one. Yeah, he definitely has one. Despite the fact that he had been worked to the bone just as much as you are, he looked like he had just been cleansed off from all the stress.

Apart from his very refreshing appearance, your attention had also been lured by the tempting smell coming from the two cups he held in his hand. 

"Ah, an angel has arrived. . ." you muttered in a daze. 

"Angel?" Midoriya tilted his head to the side in wonder of what you just said.

"I mean — hey Midoriya-kun. Morning." you raised your hand in greeting. 

"Good morning," Midoriya smiled that angelic smile of his. (A/N: Yes, he is an angel in green curls. /raises Deku simp flag)

"Let me guess, Chief Masahiro just went 'angry old man' on you as soon as you got here, didn't he?" he asked. You groaned in response, which resulted a chuckle from him.

"Well, like I always say, don't mind him. And besides, nothing beats that angry old man than a good ol' cup of (F/H/D), right?"

Now it was your turn to chuckle as he handed you the paper cup. The aroma steaming your nose made you sigh in satisfaction.

"And I always say this, but you have saved me once again, Midoriya-kun." You smiled. The said male smiled back at you as he settled in his seat.