𝟽. 𝙶𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝

I've decided that maybe this isn't so bad. I mean if I stay here for a couple of months, then I could get my break. I'm being held hostage but it's still a break from missions.

Walking behind Ace, as I look around the house. There are large paintings on the walls. I'm not really into art like that. I reach to touch one of them before being interrupted

"Don't touch any of the paintings'' he stated with a hint of anger in his tone. Leading me to quickly draw my hand back.

Not saying a word I make sure to follow behind him, still keeping my distance.

We continued walking, going through hallways and flights of stairs. I make sure to keep track of where everything is. Once we get to the top floor it's clear all the bedrooms are up here.

I turned to look down at the main floor, holding onto the balcony's railing. He turns to the left and opens the first door. "This is your room" his facial expression was cold.

It's a pretty nice room, similar to the one I have back home. I turn around to see him still standing in front of the doorway.

"And your name is?" I look up at him.

"Ace....Ace Romano" he answered.

"Well, I'm Serene- Serene ann black" I hold my hand out for him to shake it.

He hesitates for a second before doing the same. If I'm going to be staying here, the least I could do is try to be civil with the man. Emphasis on try.

And with that he left, walking to the room closest to mine. I close the door, making sure to lock it behind me.

The room was nicely decorated, a little lighter than I would like but it's fine. The bed was a queen size and was pressed against the wall with a bedside table on each side.

To my left was the bathroom and walk-in closet, to my right was a desk at the corner of the room than a living area with a bean bag, couch, and little coffee table.

On the desk, I noticed glasses case. A small smile forming on my face, must have been Valentino. Putting them on and walk over to the mirror, they fit perfectly exactly like my old one. Wait, how did he get my prescription?

Walking over to the bathroom and look into the closet. Which was damn near empty. Only filled with a small number of shirts, sweats, and leggings.

I decide to take a shower, Checking to see if there are any towels before jumping in.

As I got out and changed into a t-shirt with some black leggings. I wrap my hair in a towel and walk over to the bed.

The boredom already starts but I see the TV remote on my bedside. I grab it and lean back making sure to get comfortable. Turning the tv on, they have Hulu, Netflix, Disney plus, and some other stuff I don't care about.

Scrolling through and looking at some random shows I just end up playing some criminal minds.

About twenty minutes into the episode I hear a knock on my door. Quickly pausing the TV I go to open the door. I'm faced with a short woman. She smiled politely before speaking "Mr.Romano would like you downstairs for dinner" her voice was soft and low. "Oh thank you-"

"Lana, I'm the maid," she said

"Well I'm serene the hostage" I joke but she doesn't laugh. A confused look came upon her face."I'm joking"

"Oh" she stood there until I spoke again "Tell him I'll be down soon" well, she isn't good with people

"Okay" with that she walked away.