Chapter 12: Freshman Friday - Fourth Floor

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Mark was almost getting crushed into a locker by another guy. Then Tori broke ranks and jumped into the fray.

"Mi amor!"

"Get away from my man!" He saw the tidal tyke take off the mask and sped past Strider, Shamlya, and Janill, heading straight for the guy attacking Mark, and as she sang at them, the guy slammed what looked several pellets of gas into her face, while another dropped her down to the floor and pushed Mark aside when he tried to intervene much to their dismay. Arguably what seemed like the strongest of the freshmen knocked back this way wasn't good, and only Ken, Kevin, and were Eliza left.

The smart thing would've been to have them help them out, but he gave himself a mental facepalm when Eliza told Kevin to keep going ahead and they could go back to them later. Despite his protests, his cousin listened to her over her and persisted.

I shouldn't have to worry though. Krystal's hyped her up, Ken can definitely fight, and Kevin can hold his own. 3 on 1, easy victory. Wait, we got around eight, then another eight, one, five, four, five, that's around thirty one people. If Akira's on the fifth floor, one-two-three-four-Omega. Wait, isn't three people. Oh no.

"Wait, don't! It's a trap!"

Kevin had summoned up four titles from the floor and chucked them at Omega. Omega ducked, and to both cousin's shock, the other titles were blown into the nearby lockers. All of a sudden, three people from outside the classroom each in their own football armor burst open and pinned Kevin, Ken, and Eliza down to the ground. As Ebony did the same to Strider, Omega began clapping.

"That was almost too easy!" His laughter managed to project through the whole hallway, in this obnoxious, yet oddly natural tone. "I have to say I was not expecting this. How could I be so dumb to think you wouldn't try to find some strategy to protect your fragile little dream, especially given your last attempts."

At that same time, all of them were struggling to move against their adversaries. "You even got three-fifths of the way there! I bet you all thought this was going to be some quick goal to the finish line and you'll somehow be able to save the day because of some speech about how it's all fair and equal for all of us to be here because it's supposed to be this revolutionary place that can help make our goals a reality. Right? Wrong!"

"What are you going on about?" Omega simply answered Kevin, snapping his fingers as the guy above his cousin kneeled down on him in an effort to silence him, preventing any more interference. "You've endangered the lives of your own peers and professors just for the sake of your own academic validation?"

Then Omega got increasingly violent "Like you didn't do the same Cove! You couldn't fight to protect your dream on your own. Instead, you foolishly rushed ahead, convinced these children to foolishly believe in a failed system, and we all know you benefit the most out of this. A high school designed to revolutionize and enhance learning is full of crap. You plaster a few cosmetics here and there, change up a few rules and expect there to be no problems at all?! You're full of it! Everyone knows this school system is flawed? Stop giving these kids false hope. They'll get their diplomas, go to college or try and find a job, and they'll suffer an endless fate. That's the future you want to give them?"

Strider was paying close attention, not sure which person had a point.

"This isn't about me!"

"Really? I was rejected from the last Revolution Project you helped lead, Kevin! I had all the credentials, the ability, the talent, the potential, and you didn't even bother to take me in! All that resources, equipment and look at what happened! The project was a disaster, you had to rebrand it as a school of all things and everyone connected to it suffered as a result. Your little Revolution Project is a fail-"