By the time I'm finished washing her she is resting her head on the side of the tub, eyes struggling to stay open. "Okay baby fish," I pull her slippery little body out of the tub and wrap her in a soft towel.

"Stand here for a second," I tell her as I strip off my jeans and t-shirt, soppy and cold from her splashing, and toss them in the hamper. I then lift her into my arms and she leans her head into the crook of my neck with a yawn.

I consider just laying down in her bed but I look down at my boxers still dripping water, I can't put her to sleep in these and I'm not going to take them off either.

"We're going to nap in Uncle's room," I tell her, shifting her to one arm so I can grab her some clothes with my free hand. Unfortunately my room is on the opposite end of the living quarters and I don't relish the thought of being seen in my drenched boxer briefs with the fabric clinging to ever crevice. So I jog to my room, Callie giggling at the speed, thinking it's a game.

I'm almost there, I can see my door when Natasha's opens and I stop abruptly, Callie spins her head around and squeals, "Auntie!"

"Hi baby, and Steve." She looks me up and down, and I swear I see her pause at my lower region making me blush. I shift Callie so the towel hangs over my crotch, providing me some decency. "What, uh, why are you running around with a naked baby.... in your underwear?" Her face reddens making my stomach flip.

"I gave her a bath, and she splashed like, half the water into my lap, " I stammer.

Callie looks at me, eyes changing colour and goes to touch my face. I can't risk her seeing the interaction from last night, and if she's trying to read me based on my embarrassment, she'd no doubt find it, "well, it's nap time, got to go!" I say, placing my arm holding the clothes over Callie's outstretched hands and craning my neck away. I run past Nat and rush into my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

"Phew, " I breath, placing the toddler on the bed. She crawls out from the towel and proceeds to jump on the bed, naked as a jay bird. She is squealing and giggling and the image is so adorable I find myself laughing with her.

"Okay, you jump on the bed for a second, Uncle needs to get dressed, " I tell her, rummaging through my drawers to find a dry pair of boxers and some sweatpants. I run into the bathroom and change swiftly, and come back out to find the little monkey climbing up the wall, across the ceiling and then allowing herself to free fall down onto the bed.

"Callie that's not safe!" I tell her but she jumps off the bed and runs to the wall to climb up again, in two quick strides I've got her, pulling her off the wall and into my arms.

She drops her eyebrows, glaring at me, "Uncle Thor let's me do it." She grumbles.

"Yes, I'm sure he's the one who gave you the idea isn't he?" She nods, crossing her arms. "Not on my watch kiddo." I tell her, standing her on the bed and proceeding to dress her in tights and a t-shirt.

I scoop her up and pull back the duvet, placing her under it, "okay pumpkin, nap time." I snuggle in beside her and wrap my arm around her, pulling her body against mine.

She looks at me and places a little hand on my lips, "Uncle sing?"

"Sing?" She nods eagerly. "Okay." I sigh. "You are my sunshine...." I begin and she snuggles in with a big yawn, her head resting on my outstretched arm.

By the time I've finished singing she is snoring softly against my chest, I decide to rest my eyes for a few more minutes to make sure she is really sleeping.

Tony P.O.V

I limp out to the kitchen, my leg still stiff but finally cast-less. Thor is sitting at the table reading a magazine, "I think it's disturbing that you humans enjoy reading about random people, even my face didn't end up in mega-zeens and I am a god." He says, flipping through the book and then tossing it on the table moodily.