the barrier pt.2 77

Third person////

It's been hours and then virgil stands up. Looking to Roman.

"I think I'm ready." Virgil says detirmined. Roman looks startled.

"Really?" He asks, looking to him. he nods.

Roman was skeptical. It's not that he didn't believe in him it's just.... Hes been through so much he doesn't know if he could in Virgil's situation.  But he looks to his boyfriend. He looks so positive that he can. He nods at virgil. "What do I need to do?"

(Time skip brought to you by a dusty musty room I live in and some mussy on bread. (( If you can tell me where that's from you get writer points.)))

They had cleaned out some off the rooms and Roman took them and demolished them by deconstructing the creativity used to make it. But all that was left was the hollow rooms. And the bubble virgil was chained to Roman was moved upstairs as Virgil sat in the middle of the hallway. All the florescent lights making a humming noise as the world around was stilled. 

He brought out his chain. The one connecting him and dep together. It was red and glowing he sat calmly as he meditated. Clearing his mind and letting images run through his brain. Dep. Every memory he had, every feeling virgil had felt due to him, every year shed because of his words, all laid out in front of virgil. Like a moving movie reel of film. And he was calm. He gathered each energy from each memory meticulously. Gathering the power. The suffering. The anger. The determination.

---meanwhile---

Logan, the twins, and remy we're upstairs. Talking back and fourth. All uneasy about the situation.

Remus spoke up. "I don't know if he can. That connection dep had over him was strong. He has to break that and the barrier in the same few seconds. And not pass out before he gets upstairs."

"I mean we can help him can't we?" The boyfriend- asked. Hopeful. Logan shook his head.

"He has a trance state he needs to be in in order for this to work. If we interfere we could potentially lose him." Logan stated. Emotionless. But he was just as worried as the rest of them.

"What if they wake up while virgil is taking the barrier down?" Remy asks.

Remus stares at the table. In fear of what that response would be. "We're doomed."

Logan shakes his head. "We're not doomed. We have roman."

"Logan I still have no clue what to do with these powers." Roman stated before he could say more.

Remy smacks Romans arm. "You've been training haven't you. Or was me sitting in a glass box not worth anything." They all become quiet. The same silent thought running in their minds.

'is this gonna be worth it?'

Janus's pov////

I'm running out of time. I don't know if this will keep him here any longer. Just a little more time.

"Jaaaanuss." He said with such coldness in his voice it simmered on my skin. Burning.

I have led him through to the castle. Running around the castle for hours. It's like he can sense where I am. I mean this is his mind. I'm just stalling at this point. I hope Virgil's getting this thing broken.

Virgils pov////

My mind had come to the more recent memories. More detailed when it happened only a month ago. Keeping my brain from having a panic attack was more difficult than reliving it.

(Trigger warning! ⚠️. Mention of rape and sexual assault. In the next few paragraphs. Proceed with caution.)

It got to the memory of him trying to use me. If I was any weaker he would have raped me. Used me to his heart's content. I couldn't help but wonder if he does the same with remus. When he saw me he ... Knew. He knew what happened. And it was from a personal place.

I shouldn't have hurt him the first time. Burning him to get dep to talk. Why did he even care for Remus? To try and show he had humanity?

(Warning ⚠️ over!!!!)

The chains started to burn against my skin. Almost taking me from my state of mind.. I power through.

They weren't just around my neck any more. They were around my arms and wrists. legs and ankles. Sizzling against my skin. I ignore it trying to get the last of the memories. My hands start to glow as I open my eyes.

(Janus's pov//////

He started screaming. In pain. It wasn't from me. It was fine two minutes ago. He's in agony. Enraged. It smells like burnt human flesh. I take a chance to peak. Red marks covering his body. From seemingly no where. Is this virgil?

(Third person///////

The males upstairs hear screaming from downstairs. Virgil not even noticing. He was doing so.

Roman on the other hand did. Getting up from the table. Logan grabs his arm.

"Don't." The collected side said simply.. the screaming was muffled.. before stoping abruptly.

(Virgils pov///////

The pain subsides as the chains turn a different color. A lavender. I hold my hands out. Them gripped together as I start to pull my fingers apart. A force making it almost impossible as I unattached them. A cracking noise is heard as the lights flicker. The bubble surrounding the support for the pocket dimension starts to break like weak ice..

A stabbing pain starts to fill my body as the chains whip around like crazy. The mends start to break as the world feels like an earthquake. I close my eyes focusing. Flushing the fear from my body as waves of pain wash over me. I scream. The hallways lights and colors fade to paper white. And grey's.

I the only color left. The world feels like it's shifting as the chains heat up again. The tension on my body feeling like I was a million feet under ground.

..... I free my hands moving them out in front of me. My fingers spread wide.

CRACK

The walls rumble around me as I scream. The chains shatter into a million pieces. My ears ring.

The barrier is gone-