041; i wanted sonic

Start from the beginning

"only because you're a worst driver."

"don't be mean." she frowned at him before turning back to look at the lights of the city as they went on the highway.

"what's this going to sonic?" daniel asked, watching the gps guiding zach. the estimated time getting there was two hours later than the time now, which surprised daniel but not really caring.

"i wanted sonic." he shrugged as they drove.

"what if we don't want sonic-" maddy furrowed her eyebrows as she turned to look at daniel, the blonde shrugging in response as he didn't know what to say to her.

"okay but i do." zach argued with a small shrug, maddy turning to daniel to protest something but daniel just shook his head in a way of telling her not to.

"maddy" aniela dragged out her best friends name as she looked over her shoulder at the girl in the back of the car.

"aniela." maddy returned the same gesture in the same tone of voice as she tilted her head to the side.

"did he do it." aniela asked pointing her finger at daniel who just furrowed his eyebrows as he didn't know what she was talking about.

"what did i d-"

"this is not about you." maddy patted the boys cheek before redirecting her attention to aniela, daniel opening his mouth in shock as he went to protest but nothing came out so he stayed silent.

"is my otp together now." aniela asked as maddy just bit her lip to fight a smile looking at daniel who just wrapped his arms tighter around her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"you've set her off now." zach mumbled shaking his head as he briefly glanced at the couple in the back of his car, then directing his attention to aniela who looked like she was about to burst with excitement.

"oh. my. ah!" the girl squealed, her knees pulled up to her chest as she rapidly tapped her feet against the seat ducking her head down and bringing her arms up to wage them around excitably.

"told you. ow!" zach winced as aniela leant over to slap him softly. "ella." he pouted looking over at her with a hurt expression on his face.

"zachary." she looked back at him, mocking the tone he had said her name in. "pay attention to the road." was all she said as zach sighed but turned his head to look where he was going anyway.

"now daniel." aniela clapped her hands together. "just so we're clear you aren't taking my girl from me- i'm actually pretty sure she's going out with freya right now but either way she isn't fully yours do you understand." the girl asked with a smile but daniel could tell she was being fully serious and threatening.

"uh yeah." he hesitantly nodded looking at his girlfriend from the corner of his eye as she just shrugged in response knowing it was completely true.

"ana how's school going. is everything good?" mads asked softly, changing the topic of conversation to something she thought mattered more then her relationship status.

"it's fine i guess." aniela shrugged, twirling her phone in her hand.

"i mean i'm passing but if i didn't have to do it i definitely wouldn't. it actually kind of sucks to be honest." she leaned her head against the window closing her eyes for a second before feeling a hand on her shoulder, looking to see daniel giving her a comforting smile, as one of her hands was already interlocked with zach. the boy rubbing his thumb in a circular motion on her knuckles as comfort.

"ana-" maddy went to speak but was cut off by the sound of aniela's phone dinging, the girl furrowing her eyebrows as she went to turn it on and see what had happened.