022; so maybe i lied

STRONG 

STRONG 

STRONG 

(✨🕊🥴)

(✨🕊🥴)

ANIELA SAT ON THE EDGE OF HER BED, blinking every couple of seconds as she stared down at her phone screen. honestly she was just making sure she had read the text correctly.

it had been a couple hours since zach had asked her on a date, the whole thing just taking her by surprise. it was like she still hadn't processed what happened, but it took her by surprise. seriously she just hadn't seen it coming.

but it didn't stop her from saying yes.

why would she say no? she didn't have the heart to break someone else's. and also something in her was telling her to say yes. she just didn't see saying 'no' as an option. she just wouldn't tell that to anyone.

"aniela do you want to go out with the girls? you're not responding in the group chat." maddy walked into the room, snapping her fingers in front of aniela's face so she could gain her attention.

"huh?" aniela asked, getting out of messages quickly and turning off her phone before turning to face maddy.

"what are you hiding?" maddy paused, crossing her arms the moment she watched aniela be frightened.

"i'm not hiding anything." aniela shook her head, pursing her lips as she shook her head.

"the phone." maddy snapped her fingers before putting her hand out, so aniela could give her the phone. the younger girl just sighed, before handing maddy her phone, knowing that she really couldn't keep it that long from her best friend.

maddy went into aniela's most recent message, seeing zach's name at the top of the list. it wasn't surprising, but when she saw the messages her eyes practically popped out of their sockets.

"ZACH ASKED YOU OUT?!" maddy exclaimed loudly, causing the younger girl to shoot her hands up and cover her ears.

"lower your voice."

"zach asked you out?!" maddy exclaimed, this time not yelling but still speaking strongly. "and you didn't tell me?! I mean at least you said yes." maddy through herself on the bed next to aniela so she could get more details.

"yeah." aniela's cheeks grew red with a blush, already knowing that the teasing was going to start. "it just happened right now." aniela lied but maddy furrowed her eyebrows, catching the lie quickly.

"it says two hours ago."

"okay so maybe i lied." aniela shrugged, pulling the sleeves of her hoodie over her hand nervously.