the boy just turned off the light and then the tv before kicking off his shoes. zach hadn't seen her all day because of the whole going to her parents house ordeal, and he spent the day kind of anxious because of it. aniela had called him the night before completely freaking out because of how scared she was and now he wanted to know what happened. 

when he slipped into the bed next to her, his arms immediately went around her waist. his hands made contact with her skin causing the girl to flinch because of how cold they were. she figured it was zach being as her back was turned to him, but she turned around just to make sure. 

"you're cold." aniela mumbled as zach's arms wrapped around her waist and his head snuggled into her neck. zach just wrapped his hand up and down her back in a relaxing way just so she could fall back asleep. 

"you're warm." zach replied softly and aniela placed a small kiss on his shoulder before closing her eyes again, knowing that she would quickly go back to sleep. 

"it's two a.m." aniela whispered and zach yawned, before wrapping his arms tighter around her.

"i know i told you i'd show up eventually." zach paused, knowing now that she was awake it was going to take a couple of minutes before she could fall back asleep.

"how was the dinner with your parents?" he asked, right after feeling aniela let out a sigh, the girl opening her eyes as she thought about how to respond. when she didn't respond zach opened his own eyes, trying to find an answer. "it didn't go well did it?" he spoke softly as he met her eyes, rubbing his hand up and down her back in a comforting manner.

aniela merely just shook her head, pulling herself even closer to zach so that she could bury her face in his chest. zach let out his own sigh, just continuing to comfort her by keeping his hold on her.

"you want to talk about it?"

"tomorrow."

"are you sure?" he asked and aniela didn't respond as he felt her let out another sigh. she didn't know whether to tell him and then the two of them talk it out, or she puts it off until the next day and enjoys the moment just now. aniela was always one to play it safe, but she also didn't want to hold in what she had been holding in since she had got home from her parents house. 

the day was filled with judgment, ridicule, and pure criticism. they had even tried to bring up the topic of dating, but it only ended them trying to set her up with some stuck up rich kid of one of their friends. she had met them all they were so rude and tried to take advantage of every moment. 

aniela wanted away from the rich people life, which was why she made a living for herself. it started off small and she stayed with maddy for a couple of weeks before she had enough to support herself. and then it all unraveled from there. aniela didn't need her parents, she had proved that to herself and to everyone else, but it didn't mean that she didn't want that. 

everyone wants parental figures, but she really didn't get that. the person who took care of the house was the one who raised her, and she raised her right because she hadn't turned into some sort  of trust fund brat, thank God. aniela wished her parents had given her time, or actually showed they cared about her, but they never gave her love. all the love was given to each other or to everyone else. 

and now it was coming back to bite them, because she didn't want any part of their lives. yet, aniela still came when they asked her too, in hopes that they had changed since the last time she saw them. it wasn't probable, but she knew it was possible. but what were they going to do? they had forgotten her birthday, her older cousin having reminded them which was why they called. 

she just didn't want to grow up and start a family that ended like that. she liked the life she was living and building now. where she was free to be a teenager, free to eat fast food without being told to watch her weight. free to go on dates that didn't entitle a deal or being thrown around as if she was nothing. 

she was her own person now. 

she had friends who cared about her, she had a great guy who cared about her. well at least she thought. they hadn't really spoken about that yet but the girl wasn't dumb. it was like she had been given the normal life that she had wanted. now she had it and she wasn't worried. 

"they want me to go to college. get at least a degree." aniela had finally responded after moments of silence. "but they want me to do it on the east coast where all the ivy leagues are." she let it out, thinking about it all over again. when zach didn't respond, she thought he was thinking it through, just processing what he was saying. 

"zach?" she asked when she was literally getting no response. when aniela looked up his eyes were closed, his mouth slightly opened as he let out steady breaths. 

he was asleep. 

"we'll talk about it tomorrow." she whispered, placing a kiss on his shoulder before cuddling back into him. 

she didn't want to go, there was a reason she chose not to go to college. but she also knew that this was her one chance to restore some sort of a relationship with them. though now she had so much more of a reason not to leave. before she just didn't want to leave maddy, but now there was corbyn, jack, jonah and daniel. now there was eden, chelsea and freya. and now there was zach. 

she didn't want to leave him most of all. she was finally happy with a guy, and they weren't even together, how could she just move to the other side of the country now. it wouldn't work out, she didn't want to. so now she was at a crossroads and she didn't know what to do. 

and all these thoughts were running through her head as she fell back asleep in zach's arms. 

(✨🕊🥴)
HI BESTIES 

sorry for the short chapter i didn't want it to go into what happens the next one 

well anyways 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH 

I don't know who needs to here it but whatever you're going through is only temporary and it's only going to help you grow into a better person. smile today because it's the first step in making your day worth it. if you need a reason to smile, just use me as an excuse and if u need to talk just message me. mmk smile today gorgeous <3

(✨🕊🥴)