Ch. 44 Moth Flame

Start from the beginning

Maybe she should call another security guard to come pick her up. But would they snitch on Jimin? They would report to her parents before going out to get her, and she had a nagging feeling that it would get Jimin fired. She definitely didn't want that.

She glared at her phone, something didn't feel right. He would never go unanswered for this long. Despite having a friendly relationship with her, he did his job exceptionally well. Her parents praised him for being so professional at a young age. What would they think of him if they found out about this situation though?

"Stupid Jimin," Chaeyoung grumbled, "that's it." In a slip of a frustrated fit, her hand accidentally knocked her teacup off the table, sending a shattering blast through the serene of the cafe.

The staff ran towards the noise immediately.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" Flustered, Chaeyoung bent down to help them but one of the waitresses stopped her.

"It's alright, Miss Park, it was just a small accident." The older woman smiled at her reassuringly. "Just stay in your seat while I clean this up. Don't you move or you may get cut." With that, she scurried off, leaving Chaeyoung red-faced.

Princess Park Chaeyoung... clumsy? Unheard of! Was she that worried that she didn't take care of her surroundings for just a second?

Peony, Peony, Peony, something is definitely wrong. She kept chanting it in her head, feeling her little moth soul fluttering around in a fit that reflected her growing anxiety. Her instincts were just telling her that something is definitely wrong.

The waitress came back with a broom and quickly cleaned up the broken shards. "It's past sunset, Miss Park. Shouldn't you be getting home by now?" Since Chaeyoung was a regular customer, some of the staff got to know her.

The red-haired young lady simply smiled while clasping her shaky hands under the table. "I don't feel like going back yet. It's very calming here."

"Ah, I see," the waitress didn't want to pry and had work to get back to, "well, I'll let you relax. Do you want me to get you another cup of tea?"

"Umm I'm alright for now, thank you."

"Yes, Miss. Call me if you need anything."

When the waitress went out of her private booth, Chaeyoung's smile disappeared into a frown. Now she was too restless, she had to do something.

First, she needed to let her parents know she'll be home late. The decision was quick, but when her fingers typed out the message with the excuse that she saw some friends she wanted to hang out with, they were shaking.

She felt slightly pathetic. As a young adult, she shouldn't feel guilty about lying to her parents about not being home by curfew, but she was! Heck, she shouldn't be even having a curfew at this age!

All for the safety of the princess, she said in a sarcastic mock in her head. Now to think of how to find Jimin. She stared at her phone, wondering if spam calling and texting him would work.

Then the idea hit her like a flying dunce cone and landed perfectly on her head.

"I'm such an idiot!!" Chaeyoung burst out loud. She grabbed her phone and opened the phone tracking app. Every one of the security guards and important staff members could be tracked with this app her parents gave her. It allowed her to find anyone she wanted within a ten-mile radius of her location, just in case anything happened.

Frankly, Chaeyoung felt so spoiled being given this app and rarely used it because it felt selfish, like just a click on her phone and the people she needs would come ASAP. But in this case, Jimin needed to be found!