31

"Everything ok?" You asked,

"Yeah I just wanted to spend some time alone with you before the next game" he said, reaching for your hand, you flinched at the touch, for some reason it seemed slightly harsher than usual, and he was not the type to randomly take you somewhere private at a UA or at a school event.   

You now both stood silently in one of the many empty corridors looking at each other, you could feel a weird tension between the two of you, as if something was off about him and his intentions,

You swallowed and tried to break the silence "I heard the next game is a team-"

He interrupted you, staring deep into your eyes, "why didn't you sit with me at lunch?", his voice was soft, as if he was asking and innocent question, different from the way he firmly grabbed you before.

"I didn't want to bother you, you seemed a bit stressed after the race" you said, looking down and the grey pavement.

"You know we are basically dating, you could actually act like it and sit with me, I'm trying to spend time with you"

The words were somehow both harsh and somewhat sweet at the same time, you opened your mouth to reply but shut it when in the distance you could hear PresenterMic announcing to everyone the next part of the competition was going to start, telling the students to head back to the designated rooms.

You heard everyone outside begin to move, you turned to Todoroki and spoke "we should probably head back"

He did not move though. He took a step closer, his eye contact burning a hole through you, his whole gaze had changes, his demeanour too, it made you anxious, the way he was looking at you and there was a strange darkness in his eyes. You took a step back, and he took another one forward, grabbing your waist with one hand.

"Shoto you are acting we-"

You felt a hand back of your head and his warm lips press onto yours, widening your eyes you tried to move back, but he held you in place with his arm, holding you closer when he felt you attempt to move away from him. When you felt that you forcefully pushed him off and stared up at him in shock,

"What the fuck Todoroki" you said firmly, "now it's not the time". 

There was definitely something off about him today, you had never seen him act this way,  you blamed it on the stress he must have been feeling right now, with his dad and the agencies watching.

He wasn't the kind of guy that would kiss you unexpectedly, it was as if the person that stood in front of you was a stranger, or someone who had been wearing a mask this whole time, and was only now showing his true colors.

You were still pressed up against the wall, his hand still on your waist, he shook his head and mumbled something, but over the voices of the classmates that were now walking into the corridors, making loud echoing sounds and the annoying voice of Mineta going "ooh looks like we walked in on something" you never managed to make out what he said.

Presenter mic announced that the next challenge was like capture the flag.
They had taken you to USJ and you were told to divide in teams of four, the objective was to fine the 5 flags hidden in the different areas. The 5 teams to find them would qualify for the final trial.