[*Back A 1000 Years - Flashback*]

[*Flashback*]

[*Flashback*]

Pearls of laughter chimes from the young girl, her delicate hands grasp the long skirt of her dress as she runs, bare feet trample against the lush olive grass in her haste to get away from the two boys not far behind her. Inky black strands fly around her like a halo, colliding with her shimmering azure eyes that twinkle with delight against the light blue sky, surrounded by candy floss clouds. Evergreen trees sway with the gentle blowing of the light breeze, singing in harmony with the bluebirds.

"You can't catch me. I'm too fast!" The girl sang with sassiness.

"Yes, I can!" The young brown-chin-haired boy shouted, his own laughter merging with the joyous melody, as his legs pump harder, trying to gain speed.

"I'm older and faster than both of you!" The older blonde-haired boy called out smugly. The girl knew that without looking a smirk would be gracing his plump pink lips.

"Nu-uh!" The girl replied skidding to a halt and hiding behind a giant ash tree. She raises her hands to her mouth, attempting to conceal the panting giggles desperately wanting to pour out. Her ears twitch at the sudden hush sinking, eyes dart left and right before peeking around the rough bark. A loud squeal erupts as the two boys hiding on the other side jump on her, bringing all three tumbling down to the soft ground.

"NOOO!" She laughs as two pairs of arms tickle her sides relentlessly, not giving the girl a chance of a breather. "Ahh, s-s..top!"

"Tell us you surrender being the loser!" The blonde-haired boy chuckled with mirth, his fingers digging into her ticklish spots.

"No-oo! Never!" She says, tossing her head back and forth, wetness trailing down her soft cheeks from the uncontrollable laughter. "You're cheaters!"

"Then you shall withstand until you surrender!" The brown-haired boy replied as he copied his older brother's actions.

"Okay, okay! I-I...surrender!"

"Say it...you're a sore loser!" The older brother chanted.

"I'm a sore,...loser." She relented and finally let in a big gasp of air as the boys released her from their wicked torture. The blond male stood up, holding his hand out for acceptance, prompting the girl to hide a smirk as she placed her palm in his. As he hauled them up, she tugged sharply resulting in him tp slip and slide unbalanced, unable to catch his fall; he fell beside her with a grunt.

The two younger teens burst out in hysterics at his disgruntled expression, which alters swiftly as his blue eyes lit up with glee causing them to falter and push each other trying to get away as the older boy jumped to his feet and chased after them.

"Henrik, quick! We are dead if he catches us!" The girl shouted tugging on his arm, bounding around another tree and sprinting through the tall grass, towards their families hut. Approaching they see a young girl with beautiful golden locks and two boys with dark hair. They laugh, shaking their heads at their antics.

"I'll get you!" The blond-haired boy yelled.

"Save us!" The two called out to the trio. The other girl giggled in denial, while the boys smirked as they got closer and grabbed hold of them.

"Noo. Save us! Let us go!" She cried, trying to push out of the oldest brother's hold.

"Never!"

Soon enough, the blonde caught up with them and hauled the raven-haired girl over his shoulder and spun her around, chuckling all the while she slapped his back and squealed to be put down. Their joyous moment caught the attention of a fuming older male. His scraggly dirty blonde mane trailed behind in his furious wake, light blue eyes glimmered with anger.

"NIKLAUS!" He roared.

Fear travelled across Niklaus's face as he set down the girl on her feet. While the girl stared at the older male anxiously. She pushed Niklaus and Henrik behind her, standing in front of them protectively.

"We were having fun. Please don't hurt him. It's my fault. I'm sorry" She pleaded, her eyes shining with remorse as she continued to push Niklaus back, she can't stand the abusive treatment she knows will occur. She will do anything to prevent it from happening, just like always.

Blue eyes clash, anger quickly surpasses the father's face as he stares down at the small black-haired girl. He sighs puffing out a breath of frustration.

"Angel. You have to stop standing up for your brother. He's a man. He can handle the pain."

"Father...He doesn't deserve this treatment! He did not do anything to require this! We were playing a game." She replied, waving her arms around to show her dissatisfaction.

"Punish me. I caused this." She said pointing to her chest.

~

As I stated in my last update, I would not be updating for another two weeks, but since I've had requests for more. I decided to put together the dreams Darcy has been having. So that you can get a clear picture before the plot kickstarts, I'm sure you all would have figured it out by the end. Every few chapters I'll do another flashback 💜

 Every few chapters I'll do another flashback 💜