[*Chapter Twenty-Four*]

Yep, another! Enjoy

Yep, another! Enjoy. I'm stalling for a reason 😉

~

"Alright, that's enough mushiness for today!" Darcy joked, pulling away from Jenna with a playful grimace, earning a slap on her arm. She laughed, then looked at Jenna's appearance since first stepping inside the house, seeing her wearing her decade outfit for the dance. She whistled, "Damn, you look hot, J."

Jenna giggled, whipping the dishrag off the dining table and slapping her butt.

"Ouch!" Darcy claimed with her hands holding her rear.

"So, you're coming to the dance?" Elena blurted out, breaking this playful banter.

Jenna nodded. "Alaric asked me to help chaperone." The ebony-head whistled again, earning her another slap.

"Okay! Okay. Ouch! Stop. I'm sorry, Jenna!" She cried out when Jenna continued whipping away.

"Hello!" Elena shouted, putting a stop to their joking around.

They sighed, knowing what was coming, both shook their heads. Darcy pointed at their aunt. "Nu-uh, you're the adult." She sat back down in her seat, plucking an apple from the fruit bowl, taking a bite while Jenna glared at the back of her head.

"Why didn't you tell me, Jenna?" Elena asked, turning her back to Darcy's probing gaze as she nibbled away on the apple.

Jenna sighed, sitting beside Darcy, and took a deep breath. "Your mum was going to do It eventually. I never thought I'd have to."

"If my mum were here right now and she asked, she'd tell me the truth." "Oww!" She exclaimed, feeling something smack the side of her head. Elena rubbed her head, her gaze going down to the green apple bouncing to the floor by her feet. "What the?"

"That's for being disrespectful. It's rude. Jenna is trying, hear her out instead of bitching." Darcy stated while examining her red nail varnish. I need to top them up; they're chipping.

She ignored the burning gaze directed at her head, peeking at Jenna; she patted her hand, giving her a push. It was her turn of support.

Jenna exhaled heavily. "Your dad was about to leave the office one night when a girl showed up. She was sixteen, a runaway, and about to give birth. He delivered her baby, and he gave her a place to stay. But a few days later, she disappeared. And then there you were. Your parents were trying so hard to have a baby. I guess it just wasn't happening. All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mum."

Elena nodded, "Well, why were my parents' names on the birth certificate?"

"Why do you think, Elena? Use your logic. Dad was a doctor. All he needed to do was sign a signature and ta-da. He's your new daddy." Darcy said with a sarcastic flair, throwing her arms around.

"Not helping, Darce!" Elena burst out, her tanned cheeks blossoming with red.

Jenna turned her head away, hiding her grin. Darcy never failed to make her crack at the most inappropriate times.