[*Chapter Twenty-Three*]

A bit of Darcy, Bonnie, and Caroline

A bit of Darcy, Bonnie, and Caroline. Enjoy! 💜🖤

*Some strong language*

"Stefan, who was that man in the road?" Elena asked while Darcy was perched on Stefan's bed, rifling through a box full of vervain.

"I don't know. Do you remember anything else about him?"

"Nope, I was too busy ramming him with my car," Darcy piped up sarcastically, earning a tilt of Stefan's mouth.

"I wish. I never really saw his face. He was wearing a hoodie." Elena said while staring off into the distance, trying to piece the memories.

Darcy paused, her hands playing with a beaded bracelet, "Oh, yeah! He was wearing these black boots. That's all I remember before he went poof, then Dickmon ripped off my car door. Ass."

"I heard that!" Damon's voice called out.

"You was meant to!"

Stefan sighed, not knowing much than the sisters, except another vampire is roaming around. He rubbed his face and sat beside Darcy, showing them the vervain and bracelets. "I brought some vervain for, um...for you both, Jenna and Jeremy." He rubbed the back of his neck, glancing at Darcy, "uh...Damon told me about the vervain incident, and I made you and Jeremy these bracelets."

Darcy peered at him curiously before shaking her head with a small smile, "No need, Stef. I got that covered."

"But you don't wear anything with vervain, and what if you forget to ingest again?"

She chuckled, glancing at him in amusement. She peeked at Elena, who remained quiet with a troubled frown, before resting her left foot on her right leg and pulled up the hem of her ripped skinny jeans, revealing a gold anklet with a small dark blue crystal pendant. "See? No need to worry, Steffy! I won't make that mistake again."

Stefan chuckled, shaking his head, "You never fail to surprise me." His long fingers trailed the smooth russet beads in his palm.

Darcy snatched it out of his hands with a teasing smirk, "I didn't say I didn't want it... I'll have it for Jenna. Thanks!"

Elena peered into the box, wrinkling her nose at the aroma the purple plants produced, "So, this is going to protect us?"

Stefan nodded in agreement, "You can put it in jewelry, or like Darcy...You can put it in your food or drink, but as long as it's in you or on you, a vampire can't control you."

Elena hummed before pinning her sister with a curious stare, "If that's so... why didn't you have all of us on vervain?"

Darcy jerked her raven head, narrowing her gaze on her sister before huffing and standing up from the bed. "Really? This again? We've talked about this, Elena. Dad didn't feel the need, and there were no vampires around."