[*Chapter Six*]

"Rise and shine!" Darcy barged into Elena's room about to wake up her dear sister, only to find her moping, standing over her cheerleading outfit wearing a sad pout

"Rise and shine!" Darcy barged into Elena's room about to wake up her dear sister, only to find her moping, standing over her cheerleading outfit wearing a sad pout. "Oh, you're awake. What's with the long face?"

Elena sighs, turning to her sister and pointing to the outfit, "I don't think cheerleading is me anymore."

Darcy walked closer, rubbing her arm in comfort, "That's okay, El. Sometimes things change, and that's okay. You don't want to cheer? Then that's fine, don't stress about it. Oh, actually maybe worry a little, cos if Care gets hold of you she'll probably strangle you." She sniggered, walking out of Elena's bedroom to get ready.

🖤💜🖤

Darcy walked across the school parking lot, tossing her car keys into her bag, "Well, look who it is," she heard Stefan call out to her. "The not so cheerleader doer."

"Nope, that's all, Elena. I and cheerleading is a big fat no." She said with a sarcastic grin, making Stefan laugh, that's all he seems to do when he's around Darcy, she has a special warmth surrounded her. He likes it, makes a change from being around depression, blood and a murderous brother.

"Why not? You seem like the sporty type," He continued, seeing as she's got an athletic frame.

Darcy and Elena had just finished getting a lecture from Caroline when Stefan walked up to them.

"Ooh, look at you. You look hot in your jersey," Elena said, eyeing her boyfriend's jersey-clad torso.

Darcy looked him up and down, nodding her head in approval, fist-bumping him when she raised her fist, "Hmm, you look awesome. Bet you're glad you cashed in my advice, huh?"

"Mmm, I don't know, I'll get back to you after the game." Stefan teased then paused, seeing Elena not in her uniform, "What happened? No more cheerleader?"

"I quit. I'm a quitter." Elena said with a careless shrug.

"You're not a quitter, El. You're just a different person this year." Darcy said frowning at her sister.

"She's right, you know. You suffered a great loss. You both did, you're not going to be the same person. You both should be looking ahead." Stefan said, holding her hands, looking between the sisters. He turned to Darcy, dropping her hands and raised a curious eyebrow. "Don't you cheer?"

Darcy laughed, motioning up and down her body, "Does it look like I do?" She's decked out in leather pants, black and red corset/vest, black leather jacket and her typical combat boots. Stefan shook his seeing her point, "Besides, I'm more of an archery girl." She winked, walking backwards, leaving the love birds alone.

🖤💜🖤

Later on that evening, Darcy was sat with Jeremy having a beer together, observing the football players getting ready for the game. She's missed hanging out with him since they've been back, Vicky dug in her claws, now they hardly see each other, only in fleeting passings. "I miss this Jer." Darcy sighed, looking down at her boots.