[*Chapter Thirteen*]

Some strong language

Some strong language. Enjoy! 💜

~

It had been a few hours since Stefan left to find Vicki and in that time Darcy sat with Elena and Jeremy in the lounge, she made them all a coffee and now she tells them how she became a hunter.

She had told Elena, despite her protests she would be informing Jeremy how the supernatural are real. The protectress would feel better knowing her family were safe and in the know of how they could protect themselves from nasty lurking bloodsuckers who have the displeasure of manipulation with the likes of compulsion.

Jeremy sat on the floor, his back rested against to couch with a face of disbelief. "So you're telling me vampires are real? Drink human or animal blood, can compel and be killed by a stake to the heart, decapitation, desiccation, sunlight, fire and heart extraction..." He trailed off. There was too much to take in at one time.

He couldn't quite grasp the new information his sister was giving him. Before tonight he wouldn't believe any of this were real and continue with a mythical belief of them being fantasy stories. Not only that but he couldn't allow anyone entry into the house in case they were a vampire, he would have to wear jewellery containing or ingest a herb called vervain, which protects humans from being compelled.

Darcy sat on the couch behind him, running her hand through his unkempt hair. She does this when he's worked up. "Yeah, all real Jer. I know this must be hard to take in, and I know I should have told you sooner, but please believe me when I say Dad didn't think it was required yet. I mean I've never encountered a vampire until a few weeks ago."

Elena's face scrunched up in confusion, "But I don't get why to train you to become a supernatural hunter. I mean, you only came along when you was seven." She pointed out.

Darcy stared into the distance, not really wanting to discuss her traumatic past but knew she needed to, to help them understand.

"You both know about my real parents...what they did to me... I was just a child, and they did the one thing parents should never do to their child. They were supposed to love me, not abuse me. If it weren't for dad, I wouldn't be here. I could have been dead if I stayed at their hands any longer."

She didn't want to talk about that dark period in her life; every time she thought back, the darkness would creep in and threaten to drag her down.

Elena rubbed her shoulder, her eyes mist over at the thought of her sister going through that misery. "I'm sorry." She spoke softly.

They may have their differences, often have arguments, but that doesn't stop the love they have for each other, that goes for all the Gilbert family.

Jeremy tilted his head back on his older sister's knees, meeting her gaze as she feels his movements. He squeezed her knee, giving her the strength to continue forward. The Gilbert boy has always admired her bravery and how over time she's become this strong young woman, and even with her flaws to Jeremy, she'll always be his rock.