Author's Note

It seems my plot twist has you somewhat stumped. Season two is a different map route, with several branches breaking off and leading to Darcy/Darcella's character and backstory. I just wanted to clear things up because if you're confused now, season two will only lead you to spiral down that slippery slope. And I'm afraid there will be no coming back for you all lol.

So, first things first, I want to clarify Darcy/Darcella are one person as a whole, and she is NOT a reincarnation. She is the full-blood sister of Freya, Finn, Elijah, Kol, Rebekah and Henrik, and half-sister to Niklaus. She and Kol are fraternal twins, with her being the oldest (though Kol will argue against that 'cause he's taller).

I HIGHLY SUGGEST GOING BACK AND READING THE FLASHBACK CHAPTERS. THEY HAVE MOST OF THE INFORMATION YOU NEED AT THIS POINT TO WORK OUT WHICH DIRECTION WE WILL GO NEXT.

I highly suggest going back and reading the flashback chapters. They have most of the information you need to sort of work out in which direction we'll go next.

In the flashback titled 'The Aftermath of Darcella's Death', Esther discloses Darcy/Darcella was put under a curse and that her magic was taken away from before birth. Esther mentions it was a 'she' who cast the curse, but Esther herself did say she did NOT know the details of the curse - spoiler, she lied.

In the flashback titled 'A Thousand Years', before Darcy/Darcella "died", Esther slipped off a ruby necklace and attached it to Darcy - you will now recognise this as the witches talisman Darcy/Darcella has in her possession NOW. 

Darcy/Darcella also has no memories, and her magic was wiped away - you can work out who's responsible.

So somewhere between getting eaten by a wolf, the necklace in her position, and the aftermath of her "death", something occurred that no one was aware of but Esther, bitch, Ayana, and another family member. 

I can't say much about Darcy/Darcella's connection to Katherine without spoiling the whole book of season two. But I will supply a little info. Her fate is put into the hands of a doppelganger with a beating heart and artery-flowing blood.

I think that's all I can say for now. There's honestly so much more to come that Darcy will undertake in the coming series(s) that I've probably missed something out. But don't worry, more flashbacks are coming soon, and the bigger picture will expand real soon.

REMEMBER, DARCY/DARCELLA IS ONE AND THE SAME PERSON, AND SHE IS NOT A REINCARNATION.