[*Chapter Seven*]

A high pitched scream startled Darcy out of her pitiful sleep

A high pitched scream startled Darcy out of her pitiful sleep. She leapt up out of bed, snatching her metal baseball bat that was resting against the wall, next to her bedroom door and legged it towards the reverberating sound. Her bare feet found themselves outside Elena's bedroom door, wasting no time she raised the bat and kicked the door open. Only to find Elena sitting up in bed panting heavily, Darcy's blue eyes darted around the bedroom, searching for any lurking danger. None was deterred, but she still held up her guard, rushing to her sister and drawing her into her arms. "Hey, shh. It's okay. I'm here." Darcy rocked the brunette back and forth, cooing softly as she brushed her hand through her sweaty hair.

A few seconds later, Elena was now calm. The older girl pulled away, "Are you okay?" she questioned, wondering what could have made her scream like she was being murdered.

Elena nodded her head, sending her a sleepy smile, "Yeah, just a bad dream. Sorry for waking you." She said sheepishly, her nimble fingers twist the bedsheets.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, no it's okay, already forgotten about." Darcy just hummed not all believing her, but let it drop and got back up walking towards the door, "Okay, I'm going in the shower," She called over her shoulder.

🖤💜🖤

After Darcy got dressed, she checked her phone, scrolling through last nights messages, the reason why she had a shit sleep and stopped at Stefan's name, clicking onto the conversation.

Sexy-ass-back.

Damon killed Tanner.

Read 12:05 am

She sighed clicking onto Caroline, seeing the message she sent last night was unanswered.

Carebare

Can we talk?

Sent 11:30 pm

She knows Damon is messing with the girls head. Since the other night at dinner, when Darcy snapped at her, she's been riddled with guilt. Caroline is her best friend, has been since their kindergarten days, way back in the sandbox, when they shared peanut and jelly sandwiches. She may be a drama queen, and sometimes doesn't think before she speaks, but she would never say those horrible words. Darcy put two and two together, Damon is a vampire, a vampire can compel, bingo! And if he's hurt her, he's going to need to worry more than getting spiked with vervain. Oh, yes Darcy has plans for that smirking blue-eyed devil.

Putting her phone down on to her bed, the click-clack of her heels sound as she saunters across the wooden flooring, stopping at her closet. Opening the door, she crouches, reaching into the back of the hanging clothes, dragging out a large brown wooden chest and hauls it over to the bed where she sits, picking her phone back up, peeling off the black f**k you silicon case revealing a slim brass key. Inserting the key into the lock, Darcy beams with glee hearing the lock disengage. Come to Mami, baby!