[*Chapter Four*]

With each breath in her lungs, she wished time would halt

With each breath in her lungs, she wished time would halt. Live in this moment, peaceful at her sleeping brother's side. Not have to get up and deal with yesterday's depressing drama's.

Darcy looks at her little brother, his face clear of last nights stress. Peaceful. Hopefully, dreaming of pleasant dreams. When they decided to return home, they hoped for a happy reunion. Instead, it seems bad luck follows them around. Darcy knows for sure whatever happened last night was just the beginning. An animal attack. Ha! Yeah right, people will believe anything they get fed. More dark times are to come, and she's not so sure if she is ready for those. But she also has no choice; she has to be prepared for what will come. What she does know is, regardless, she'll remain at her families side, protect them from the impending doom.

Kissing her brothers bed ruffled head, she rose from the bed, leaving Jeremy's room. Darcy crosses the hall and enters hers. She needed to get ready for today.

After having a shower, getting dressed into a black skull graphic tee, skinny ripped black jeans, her typical leather jacket, and black combat boots, she fixes her raven locks, swiping her lips with matt red lipstick. She leaves the room, only to bump into Elena and Jenna in the hallway.

"Do I look, adult? As in respectfully parental?" Jenna asked, showing her outfit to the teen girls.

"Depends where you're going," Elena said, raising an eyebrow.

"Jeremey's parent-teacher conference," Jenna said.

Darcy let out a laugh, patting her aunt's shoulder. "Good luck with that asshole, Jen." Jenna glared at her use of language. She shrugs, "What? He is. You'll see for yourself." Blowing a kiss, the ebony-haired teen, skips down the stairs, pocketing her car keys and exits the house.

🖤💜🖤

After going to the hospital with Matt, Darcy finds herself sitting outside the grill with Bonnie, Caroline and Elena.

"Well, I was talking to grams," Bonnie began as she hands Darcy a stack of folded pamphlets, "and she said the comet was a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity."

Link it together Bon Bon; Darcy coaches inwardly.

"Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." Caroline rolls her eyes but then turns to Elena – wanting her to dish out on the tea, on her and Stefan. "So then what?"

Darcy frowns at Caroline's sarcastic tone, turning to Bonnie, seeing her stare down at the pamphlets. Nudging Bon with her boot, the girl lifts her head meeting meet swirling blue eyes, "Are you okay?" She mouths, getting a smile and nod in reply.

Before Bonnie's talk, Elena was telling Caroline about Stefan coming over to talk on the night of Vicki's attack. First time Darcy heard, looks like she and Sexy-ass-back will have words.