[*Chapter Twenty-Six*]

Because you'll have been so awesome and patient, here's another chapter! 💜🖤~

~

Flashback

The delighted brown-haired boy, his protective yet mischievous raven-headed sister, and older blond-haired brother crept out of their home, overflowing with forbidden excitement, knowing what they were about to do will get their behinds beaten. Still, the temptation to explore was too high to ignore.

"We must be quick before father catches us," the girl whispered, her voice laced with cautious joy. She held both of her brothers' hands, and the three ran through the tall grass. The summer rays beamed down on them, radiating them with a glorious and happy glow. Their laughter whispered through the gentle breeze of the warm wind, bare feet trampling across the soft, lush green ground.

They slowed down as they approached the cave, each placing a finger upon their lips in a shushing motion. The older brother gazed up at the slowly darkening sky, the moon and the stars replacing the blue skies and gleaming sun, "It shan't be too long now; nightfall will approach soon. Quick get inside," he ushered, before leading the way to the mouth of the cave.

The younger brother glanced at his sister. She beamed, and with one hand holding her long skirt, the other clutched his, with nervous excitement, she whispered, 'together, forever and always.' With that, they shadowed their brother, unknown of the horrors that will follow.

Present

A cold finger poked her cheek, rudely interrupting her peaceful sleep. She batted away at empty air, a frown burrowing between her brows. She sighed happily, snuggled back under her covers, and then groaned when the finger returned, this time on her nose.

"Whoever you are, this is your warning. Back away now, and this won't turn ugly."

A deep chuckle came as a reply. She froze, wondering who's in her bedroom. Why are they so quiet? They are there; she can feel their presence. Their silence ruined the chance of any sleep, but she remained silent, seeing what they will do next.

Just as she thought, a hand reached out and tugged a strand of her hair. Still, she remained unmoved, just waiting for their next move. The same hand went to poke her nose again, but Darcy moved her head to the side and caught the tip of their finger in her mouth and bit.

The person let out a manly squeak, causing her to jump up and yell, "What the hell, Damon!"

"Seriously, you had to bite me?" he exclaimed.

"Bitches bite, and that's what you get. Why are you in my house, let alone my bedroom, while I am sleeping? That's creepy," she paused before chuckling to herself.

Damon sucked on his stinging finger but paused at her laughter. "Why are you laughing? It's not that funny," he whined, blowing on his finger.

She shrugged, feeling amused at his perplexed face, and sat crisscrossed on her bed, covering her bare legs with the covers, "Oh, nothing, that your mind will able to comprehend."